Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Strange AKs hand

Villain1 in the hand is 60/16/3 over 60 hands. The only thing interesting i have seen him do was limp/3-bet from utg w/AA.
Villain2 just sat down.

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

$.25-$.5 Hold'em 10-handed.
Utg calls, 2 folds, Villain1 raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, Villain 2 calls, utg calls as does villain1.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain2 bets, utg folds, villain1 calls, hero raises, villain2 3-bets, villain1 calls, hero calls.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain2 checks, villain1 bets, hero raises, villain2 calls and is all-in, villain1 calls.

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain1 bets, hero calls.

How does the raise on the flop look? Can I fold to the 3-bet, or should I cap it? When villain1 lead the turn, I had a hard time putting him on a hand that I didn't beatand popped it, but then was not as confident in my read when he lead the river.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Strange AKs hand

played it fine on flop/turn. calling the 3-bet and raising the turn is money because villain2 looks like he's stacking off and you want to get villain1's bets in on the big street. unfortunately villain2 did not bet, but so be it.

raise the river.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

*grunch*

Textbook preflop.

I agree with the flop play.

The turn card is almost certainly harmless, so I agree with raising here too.

I'd probably want to raise the river.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:12 PM

grrrrunch!

Capping flop is probably just bloating it. We are not folding.

I don't follow the turn action because villain2 is supposed to act after villain1. Did the guy who just sat down not buy-in enough? He must be donk.

I think villain2 could be pumping his draw. Looks like we are up against a weaker ace, or perhaps splitting with villain1. There may be some value in raising villain1 on the river. This seems like a bluff of the scarecard. I guess it's possible that villain has Aces & sevens based on the flop action? Or maybe he has the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he's freerolling. I think you played it fine.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Me likee
Old 12-12-2005, 11:02 PM

I cap the flop here, the villain who is short stack is likely just trying to get rid of his last few chips with some Ax or flush draw and the one who raised preflop may be calling with a weaker A or under pair. Folding to a 3 bet is out of the question here.

I raise that donk on the turn like you did, even if that's a last ditch with KK or lower, he probably will change is mind and still call you... I raise again on the river, if he had you beat he would have most likely re-raised you on the turn.

Don't fear the worst, your hand was looking real good on this board and should welcome, not fear action.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM

About capping the flop, I think it is definitely +EV but calling and waiting for the turn to raise is probably better, since the turn bet is so likely. I may not want to slow down even if a heart falls as pfr is unlikely to have a flush and the other villain would be all in by then.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 PM

Should I have capped this river?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Capping the river?

Raising after he already donked and JUST called is very profitable.

Once villain 3 bets, he is more likely to have AK or better so capping as less value. I would just call the 3 bet.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Results

I am not sure why I just called on the river when the hand was playing out. I really was not giving enough thought to the way the hand had been played out, along with his stats.
Villain1 showed 22 and villain2 muched A9. You better believe I added them to my buddy list.