Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: I hate that I\'m getting played back at like this:

n/m i misread.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:36 PM

I don't understand why so many people hate the flop bet.

Getting this flop checked through is bad. Bodhi has stated that the field called 2 bets all the time, so facing them with 2 bets is no big deal. Button will raise a lot of stuff allowing CO to get in a 3rd value bet, but button won't very often 3-bet a c/r. It looks to me like CO had a good read on the table and made the correct flop play for this table.

The turn is just begging to be c/r, CO has 7 spade outs to the nuts, 2 spade outs that only loose to a FH, 6 very strong straight outs, and A overcards that are probably worth at least 1/2 out each (with button representing an overpair). I'd give it 15-16 outs which is an easy value raise against 3 players. Even if Button 3-bets and only one donk calls, it's a break even raise.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:49 PM

I originally read this post incorrectly.

My take on the CO's play is that I think the flop donk sucks. It's senseless since he's right in front of you so he knows you'll make it two to everyone else, thus decreasing his odds to get more callers in the event he makes his flush or straight.

The flop 3-bet also makes no sense to me. It's no as if he's got favorable odds to make his hand, yet he pumps the pot anyway?

Of course he has to call the turn.

The river is weird. What did you have? TT?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop 3-bet also makes no sense to me. It's no as if he's got favorable odds to make his hand, yet he pumps the pot anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually CO has 8 outs to the straight + 1.5 outs to the BD flush draw + however much that A is worth. So if CO knew 4 were going to the turn his 3-bet would be for his edge. Also it may clean up his overcard outs or keep someone from hitting a higher straight. Villain's play is not as bad as everyone thinks.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Was that A5s me? (DblGutted) The double gutshot+backdoor draw is gold here with that many overcallers. He has, what, 9.5 outs to win at least half the pot and is getting 4-1 immediate odds on all his bets + 10.5 SB already in the pot.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:20 PM

I had two black 9's. Very interesting thread, I'm going to read this in more detail when I get back from some errands.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 PM

When I posted this I hadn't read the additional post with reads. His flop bet is correct against all kind of pfr's.

Also Shillx had a good point of buying outs by betting and getting raised. If I knew button would autobet the flop I'm check/raising anyway of course.