Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 07:29 AM

Default i do some cheating

playing a NL SNG on empire (just 1 as i tackle a 2/4 draw game on paradise) - i get QQ with a small stack and the blinds at 25/50 - i raise to T175 and known chook raises to T350 - 4 year old son disconnects power to my wireless internet connection thingee

i'm not happy when some bloke cheats by deliberatly timing out - its plainly a dishonest thing to do - but - i think having a rule that assumes you are that bloke when your connection dissappears is stupid

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 11-28-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: i do some cheating

You are responsible for controlling your 4 year-old and keeping him away from the electrical wires.

Violations of empire disconnect-protect is now a strict liability offence, i.e. no excuses allowed.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:11 PM

dirty australians...

peace

john nickle
Old 11-28-2004, 02:18 PM

What the hell does "bloke" mean? From the context I assume it's an insult.

Which countries use this word? The U.S. certianly isn't one of them.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:43 PM

lazy americans, not learning to spell...

peace

john nickle
Old 11-28-2004, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

‘Bloke’ is a term used to describe a person of the male persuasion, and has been in use for ages in the English speaking world. If you're going to use someone else’s language, you may want to keep up with new words and stuff. Otherwise, get your own.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are responsible for controlling your 4 year-old and keeping him away from the electrical wires

[/ QUOTE ]

plainly you dont have children

[ QUOTE ]
Violations of empire disconnect-protect is now a strict liability offence, i.e. no excuses allowed

[/ QUOTE ]

thats an excellent analogy - a strict liability offence isnt an offence for which there is no excuse - the law where i come from has several strict liability offences - those offences have several features in common - they are always "regulatory" type offences - ie minor offences

the nature of a strict liability offence is to remove the neccesity to prove intent - the policy position re creation of a strict liability offence is that they should only be created for minor offences where commision of the offence is of itself compelling evidence of the neccesary intent - the primary benefit of strict liability offences is efficency of the justice system

in net effect a strict liability offence is a compromise on recognised legal norms of fairness - we cant be arsed with your dodgy excuse for speeding - we know thats not fair but there are so many of you guys that its inpractical for us to consider any one offence individually - and no-one really cares that your speeding - its not as if you committed murder or that any reasonably thinking person is going to think less of you for committing the offence

there is nothing inherent in disconnecting from the internet that spells cheating - its an everyday occurence - its seriously dumb in my view to create strict liability for an offence where all that is really at issue when considering whether wrong doing has occured is the honesty or otherwise of the offender

happy for the dodgy blokes to roam in exchange for the reputation of the innocent

Old 11-28-2004, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt going to reply to this because the other bloke did such a good job but i cant help myself

its the internet mate - nothing to do with the US - thats just a big country often occupied by arrogant, ignorant wankers

Old 11-28-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its the internet mate - nothing to do with the US - thats just a big country often occupied by arrogant, ignorant wankers

[/ QUOTE ]

That says a lot coming from someone who lives in a country founded by criminals and despots.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That says a lot coming from someone who lives in a country founded by criminals and despots.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually have a policy of not rattling the cage - but i hate to think it would imply acceptance and promote ignorance

my great great great grandfather was one of the crooks - dad tells me he was nabbed for pinching a sheep - pinching food was probably the most common cause of deportation to Oz - f***ing animals was also a common cause

strangely the food pinching animal f***ers have done ok - i live in an outrageously wealthy relatively crime free country

there are no despots in australias white european history