Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 11:36 PM

Default 200+15 SNG players-how good is this guy?

The past 3 days i've been watching $200 sng tables to watch how ppl play on the bubble (i'm far from $200 level btw) While i was just randomly going from game to game with 4 ppl in them, i noticed a player " Frozen_Fish " in several of these and was playing fearlessly. He Definately plays the player and their stack rather than his cards when down to 4-5 ppl. With that said, i've never seen him called with absolute rags and if he is behind it's not by much. Then when his opponents seem to think he is buying pots off their blinds he has a monster. His strategy seems not to settle for 3rd but definately to position himself for first place with 4-5 players sometimes without regard to lowstacks (for example one time he was 2nd in chips and went all in with chip leader in BB when button who folded only had 290 chips).

I've watched about 12-15 of his SNG's the past 2 days, while he doesnt win them all, he sure is making a nice profit in the ones i see.

Also i notice he plays the 50's during the day. 200 competetion i'm guessing isn't as good during the day?

Anyways, i'm curious as to what ppl who play against him think of him, perhaps he is even 2+2, but i couldnt find him in a search.

Also, i would like to watch some of you at the 200 level sometime, if you could post or pm ur party username i would like to watch.

thanks.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: 200+15 SNG players-how good is this guy?

[ QUOTE ]
The past 3 days i've been watching $200 sng tables to watch how ppl play on the bubble (i'm far from $200 level btw) While i was just randomly going from game to game with 4 ppl in them, i noticed a player " Frozen_Fish " in several of these and was playing fearlessly. He Definately plays the player and their stack rather than his cards when down to 4-5 ppl. With that said, i've never seen him called with absolute rags and if he is behind it's not by much. Then when his opponents seem to think he is buying pots off their blinds he has a monster. His strategy seems not to settle for 3rd but definately to position himself for first place with 4-5 players sometimes without regard to lowstacks (for example one time he was 2nd in chips and went all in with chip leader in BB when button who folded only had 290 chips).

I've watched about 12-15 of his SNG's the past 2 days, while he doesnt win them all, he sure is making a nice profit in the ones i see.

Also i notice he plays the 50's during the day. 200 competetion i'm guessing isn't as good during the day?

Anyways, i'm curious as to what ppl who play against him think of him, perhaps he is even 2+2, but i couldnt find him in a search.

Also, i would like to watch some of you at the 200 level sometime, if you could post or pm ur party username i would like to watch.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is consistently at or near the top of the leaderboard. That's got to count for something.

eastbay
Old 06-15-2004, 11:47 PM

Frozen_Fish seems to be an excellent player. I have a link to some of his hand histories for the $200 SNGs if anyone wants to take a look.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:05 AM

I believe Frozen Fish is our very own Frozen, so you can just ask him yourself how good he is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Frozen Fish is our very own Frozen, so you can just ask him yourself how good he is

[/ QUOTE ]

He is, and He is.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:31 PM

Thanx! I'm truly flattered.

The reason 'I' have been playing the $50's during the day is because I'm training a close family member how to play.
These $50's are his training excercise under my light supervision.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanx! I'm truly flattered.

The reason 'I' have been playing the $50's during the day is because I'm training a close family member how to play.
These $50's are his training excercise under my light supervision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Frozen, i need some training exercise in the $50s with light supervision. better yet, i need some at the $10s, $20s, and $30s too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

*Desdia72- future $200 + $15 player in training, hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]*
Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 PM

Frozen is a very good player...I watch him quite a lot since I rarely have the bankroll to play...college is expensive..

spyhard_spb is also a very good player you might want to watch, one interesting thing about him is he always sits in the same position in every SNG he plays in.

to Frozen:
Im a relatively new player..Id be interested in hearing what books you recommend, post here or send me a pm if you have the time to make a list..I want to become a serious player so i know i need to read some books. I also have a very limited bankroll so any advice you have on that would be good. (I can play with $50..every other week or so) I seem to lose the $50 in about a week..I play the $5 SNG's i know thats too high for my bankroll so im going to move down to the .5 / $1 games next time. Still any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:37 PM

Hi LethalRose,

I'd suggest you stick to the 2+2 books, mainly Sklansky.

First, read this one:

Hold 'Em Poker
by David Sklansky

Next, read:

Hold'Em Poker for Advanced Players
by David Sklansky, Mason Malmuth

For tournaments: Tournament poker for advanced players (Sklansky)

For Omaha/8: High Low split Poker for Advanced players (Ray Zee)

If I'm already mentioning books, I gotta plug my all time favorite here: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I got into her philosophy after noticing that every single highly successful person I'd meet just happened to also be devoted to Rand's philosophy. Just like communism/collectivism is magnet philosophy for bums & losers, Objectivism/Capitalism is a magnet philosophy for highly successful & self-sufficient individuals.

Good luck (Even though everybody's luck is quite equal in the long term)...

~Frozen Fish
Old 06-16-2004, 11:29 PM

I second all of Frozen's book reccommendations. I'm 80% of the way through Atlas Shrugged and it's a great book, I read about 600 pages in one sitting the other day. Also, don't forget Theory Of Poker, I think it's good to read that one after some digestion of the concepts in HEFAP.