Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-29-2003, 11:23 AM

Default QQ in the BB again, do I call all in?

Ok, 2-4NLHE. Somehow by the grace of god I've run my buyin up to $600. Player on the button has $1100 and in the last 10 minutes has raised or reraised all in 4 or 5 times, no one has called and he has shown hands as weak as A6 and as strong as 55.

Two limpers. He pushes all in. I'm in the BB with QQ. While I am not completely without gamble, as the stakes increase so does my sobriety.

Call or fold, and is it close?

Old 07-29-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Re: QQ in the BB again, do I call all in?

In this situation you have to do this:

Take your hand, reach between your legs and and feel around. If you find two balls, the decision is obvious.

Oh, if you say, "Ok let's gamble! I call!" and flip over QQ, that might make him tilt even more, which is good.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:48 PM

If all his reraise all-in's have been in a similar situation preflop then call, it's probably the only chance you'll get to make a quick $600. It's either a coin flip or he's got an underpair.

There are only 2 hands you are a dog to and if you come up against them you can console yourself afterwards by convincing yourself it was just your buyin you lost!

Rather you than me though!

Jon
Old 07-29-2003, 02:35 PM

I think your a pretty big favorite here based on his past betting, and I think you know this as well.

The question is are you willing to risk $600 on a wager where you have the best of it? If I was a 2-1 favorite but would have to wager my car and house, I'd turn the wager down. I wouldn't even risk $5,000 because I couldn't afford to lose the wager.

The question of betting $600 on the turn of a card only you can answer (but I'd take that one).
Old 07-29-2003, 03:03 PM

Much like the hand I posted yesterday, It seems you do not think that you are behind, rather you fear losing your "hard earned" stack. If he has made this move 5 times in 10 minutes he is almost certainly betting hands worse than yours, especially if there is limper money in there to be taken by fear.
One way to look at it is like this: If he had $10 and pushed you all in for $6 you would obviously call, considering his past behavior at the table. So to me that dictates what the right poker play was. That being said however, If you feel very uncomfortable with the possibility of losing the money, even if you assume its a 20% chance, then you can fold, and you have only lost your blind. You can then leave the table and bet your money where you have a bigger edge.
JMHO
Old 07-29-2003, 03:14 PM

If he he has been raising like this and you can't push all-in with QQ, you should probably step down a limit..
Old 07-29-2003, 03:36 PM

Do you think there's any chance he's shown enough hands now he will only do this with AA/KK/AK? Also, do you think one of the limpers has a big hand and was hoping for a chance to get it all-in? If one of these is true about 50% of the time then you can probably fold, but given your description this seems unlikely. Otherwise you simply have to call. Even if $600 is a lot of money to you, you clearly are willing to risk it all, otherwise you wouldn't be playing (right?). Do you really think you're going to have an opportunity much better than this to get all your money in?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the responses guys, something to show my g/f who had to put up with my mood after I called and lost to KK when we both made a flush.

It seems I see a lot of players set up this kind of move, make huge raises 2 or 3 times with bluffs and then when you finally call them they've got it.

As far as stepping down, the poster is probably right. I do not have the "Emotional Bankroll" to lose pots like that, as they ruin my income for the next couple of days.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:48 PM

I would worry more about the limpers then I would about the all-in raiser... if he is playing as you describe.

What would the 2 limpers limp with if they know this guy has been putting in the huge all-in raise 4 out of the last 5 times... You know what I would limp with in this situation, AA, KK, and QQ. I have no problem putting my money in with QQ against the maniac, but I do against the limpers if they are good players... They have to be limping with something if they realize what this player is capable of doing.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:57 AM

That suck, but as EVERYONE said before this seems like the play to make 99.9% of the time......just a tough break