Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 05:21 AM

Default Where are??????

William
Cris Brown
Aleo Mageus
Praying Mantus
Eastbay
La Brujita
??????????????
Ya'll were the best on the 1TT forum, wtf???? hook these new cats up, including me(fresh from a break)
Old 09-11-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Where are??????

... We all need breaks now and then... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm in the midst of a forced poker vacation following a fairly bad August. I figured it was better to take some time off before I did some serious bankroll damage.

Truth is, I'm not entirely honest. The bug became too much on friday and I entered the $11 Rebuy on stars just for some practice and to get back into things a bit (I haven't played ANY in over two weeks now). 13th - too bad though, I had a big all in with two pair and it looked like I might see a final table and a really nice prize until a Q on the river sealed my fate against trips. Still nice.

I'm thinking I'll hold out one or two more weeks and then I'll be back in full form.

As for everyone else, I think they are all still around albeit perhaps less than a year ago. You might also want to check some other forums as many of those guys seem more interested in other things these days

Regards
Brad S
Old 09-11-2004, 03:34 PM

Good to see you around here again, Cracka.

I'm still here, fighting my stupid little wars against ignorance and stupidity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

And still try to learn and improve, all the time.

But you know, there are times when it's better to post less and think about the game alone, without all the crowd. I'm sure it's true for everybody.

Some of the names you've mentioned still post quite often here (eastbay, for instance). There are other names, that you didn't mention: very strong posters with great advice, who have really disapeared. Bozeman is one of them.

I PMed him once a few months ago and asked him if he could reply in a thread I thought was interesting ("the old coin flip debate"). It took him some time but he made a great reply there, and that was his last contribution up until now, as far as I can remember.

I guess he had enough. It's understandable. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2004, 06:44 PM

13th? Thats pretty good man, I usually avoid the rebuy tourneys because they piss me off.

I read the SnG FAQ, wow! Where was that a year ago, that would have been a big help, but it looks real good.

You'll have to start playing again, I am currently warming up with the $5 SnG's on stars, maybe we will run into each other.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:46 PM

yeah, I have been spending a lot (too much) time in the OT forum mostly because I hadn't been playing much so I thought it would be wise for me to avoid giving anyone advice about poker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], and now that I am back to playing I need advice [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] because i am playing like crap.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:56 PM

I think it must be frustrating for the many excellent posters to deal with the drivel that noobs like me post,...but to all the great posters...keep posting!!!! I need the help haha....
Just recently there were a few good posts about how weak KJ and QJ are in any position, and instantly my game got stronger...thanks to all the vets here for improving my game!!
Old 09-11-2004, 10:27 PM

Hiya Salt,

I took the summer off from poker, after having made some major withdrawals to pay bills. I had the kids underfoot all summer, so there was really no way to concentrate on poker regardless. So it made sense to take a break, not only from playing but also from reading/posting, and focus on other things in my life (kids, writing, a few household projects, etc.).

Also, P.M. said something very apropos:

[ QUOTE ]
But you know, there are times when it's better to post less and think about the game alone, without all the crowd. I'm sure it's true for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd had a bit of a slide in late April and early May, before I took my break, and I realized after playing in a home game one evening that I'd twisted my poker thinking into so many wheels-within-wheels that I could no longer tell when I was playing well or poorly. Poker is, first and foremost, a game of discipline. While you can't learn discipline on a discussion forum, you can lose it, simply by engaging in so many discussions, on so many topics, that your own thoughts get cluttered and unfocused.

Sometimes you need to wipe the slate clean and rebuild your game from the ground up. For me, that meant rereading my core resources: Sklansky's The Theory of Poker, Ciaffone & Rueben's Pot-Limit and No-Limit Poker, and Brunson's Super System Poker. I don't claim these three books to be the best combination for everyone. They're simply what I needed in order to get back to the basics and rebuild my game.

Since I've come back to the game, I've been feeling a lot more comfortable at the table. I've begun learning Pot-Limit Omaha at micro-limits, and I still play NLHE ring and SNGs from time to time. Right now, I no longer feel as if I'm stumbling around in the dark, looking for some approach to the game that will work. But I have no doubt that, at some point, I'll need to take another mind-clearing break, and rebuild my game yet again.

So ... that's the long -- much longer than you wanted or needed -- answer to your question....

Cris
Old 09-12-2004, 02:06 AM

I just resumed playing after an extended break from poker. This post really grabbed my attention. It was difficult to be out of action after playing at least 15-40 hours a week in the LA clubs duing my 3 year "Sales Rep" Career. During my Hiatus I watched the explosion of poker...Salivating...Studying....Practicing on Poker school Online. No real action until I boought in for $25 on Ultimate Bet 2 weeks ago. Been playing micro pot limit Omaha and Holdem - and over 65 SNGs from 5-20"Roll up to 450 having the time of my life. The clarity and lack of tilt so far has been refreshing. If youd like to see my SNG results Il post them.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:26 AM

Hi Cris,
I took several months off as well, for several reasons. I didn't(and don't) want poker to occupy so much time. For me, poker is all about fun and hopefully some added income. I was playing to much and not doing certain things that I wanted to do, so I took some time off. I am glad I stopped playing for a while, but I also missed playing. now I am just trying to get back to the level I was playing at before my hiatus, hopefully 2+2 can get me back there!

Good hearing from ya Cris!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:06 PM

I am still plugging along doing fine. I play multis and limit ring games now, only a sit and go here and there for fun (or frustration depending on how you look at it).

Also, there are many many posters that are better players than me but I am getting better each day, no complaints on this end.