Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Boring KK hand

the villian is 4000 deep and kk is 2nd best hand

i want to get the pot big before we see a flop and thats hard to do with pf raise to 50

if he folds to a preflop raise no big deal he wasnt that strong to began with
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 AM

Default RESULTS

In retrospect this hand is pretty non standard, but to me at the time I felt it was 100% standard with the range I put villain on.

PF I felt his hand was only TT-AA maybe AK (although I'm really just saying that to satisfy people... Iwas about 95% sure it was AA). His standard raises were like 25 and to raise 50 that early signified real strength to me.

The Q, in my opinion, is the worst possible card to hit. AA has me beat, QQ has me beat, and TT-JJ shuts down. In my mind once the flop hits I'm WA/WB (unless it's AK, which I just did not think said player would play this way, I'm fairly certain he would have limped or made a standard raise).

Anyway, I'm more than happy to check behind. Once the turn comes I have no problem seeing a showdown as I believe JJ and TT bet this turn.

On the river I think my main concern should be to make the most out of a big hand and not the most out of AA. Like usual, I made the worst bet here. The raise to 300 shows way too much strength. I think a push here is infinitely better.

Anyway, I bet and villain thought for about thirty seconds and did the Matador move to show me his AA and folded.

On a non-related note I am heading to the airport in 20 minutes. I couldn't sleep last night. But Dear God I am excited.

Signing off until next year...