Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Thick Skin 101 - Review of old Party name appreciated

Hi JR-

I don't have time to go through too individual hands right now; I've only got ~ 270 on you anyway. PT says you're a 19.85/15 ... seems like you could get that a bit higher. In my particular sample, your WTSD is pretty bad (26%) but I know that's not enough hands to be statistically valid.

Here's a hand to chew on:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
One fold, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Flop: (1.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (1.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

Standard?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leader hand 1 is confusing me a bit, you are hero right? why didn't you raise the flop or at least the turn?

oops I hijacked

[/ QUOTE ]

I mix it up. I think raising the flop against an TAG is a mistake. The turn could go either way, IMO.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Happy,

Thanks for taking the time.

Over-all I'm 22.07/15.65. WTSD is 34 over 85k.

I wouldn't call that hand standard. Really depends on villain. Don't know his stats or have his notes on hand. The way I played it I should probably fold to the three bet on the turn or just call down from the turn.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:43 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure if you thought I was running over you that time or not. Let's just say my KTs poked big holes in your AT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 12:46 AM

I don't feel like going into my DB right now, but remember playing you off hand. You were generally straight forward, and I was able to go after your blind a fair amount, as if you defended, you would be able to fold to either to flop or turn bets
Old 12-25-2005, 11:37 AM

KDawg,

I appreciate the comments. I've basically been playing a fit or fold strat. when it comes to defending blinds. There are times where I figure I can fold someone out w/ air but I don't attempt plays like that very often. If I had strong UI SD hands they were usally played stronger preflop anyway.

As far as the straightfoward play, could you elaborate further? Would you say my play was predictable?

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the straightfoward play, could you elaborate further? Would you say my play was predictable?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasn't as much predictable as it was run-of-the-mill TAG stuff, ya know. Granted, I normally wasn't sitting at your table, and I wouldn't neccessarily stay at your table long(unless there were a couple of 40 VPIPers there), but, I wasn't always running when you would sit(depending on seat position of course). Basically, I wasn't ever too worried about you isoing me when I'd be trying to iso bad players, at the same time, I wasn't jumping for joy when you would sit at the table(which I would when lancasterus sits down). Basically, I knew when to move you off of hands in either three way pots(to get into a better situation with a donk) or in HU pots. I will add though, that I haven't seen you anywhere near a table of mine in almost a month at the least, so, things might've changed