Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: PS $16 Turbo: TPTK on flop facing all in reraise

pf limp is fine. with the raise, you have to be careful postflop if you call. on the flop, i think your best option is to flat call, keeping the pot small and hoping for a brick on the turn. let him bluff his stack off if he's behind.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:51 AM

Folding preflop is probably best, but I don't think limping is terrible.

On the flop I like the initial raise here, it gets you the information you need. Your raise basically is asking the question, do you have it? He comes over the top which means yes. Now you have to decide if you believe him. In this situation with no prior reads I would. The small preflop raise indicates a stronger hand that wants action, same with the smallish flop bet. He has played this hand exactly like an overpair, there isn't much else I can see him playing this way. So in my opinion you must fold here, and probably should have just folded preflop to begin with.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:43 AM

"I've played against you and don't understand why you are 4 tabling as you say and not focusing on improving your game. That's not to say that you didn't play ok from the stats I have (which are average/normal) and my memory, but you got my attention for other reasons."

Please elaborate on the other reasons if you're willing to share. I'm here to improve.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:35 PM

I know many people love to rip me for this but I have had this argument before so here goes... Raise preflop original raiser will prob reraise and you will fold. If he flat calls you bet out flop and if he raises (whic is most likely) you fold. This guy probably has an overpair this does not smell like a set.