Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Wierd spot. 2/4 6max

I dont like this hand.
Oh and if anyone could linnk me the HH converter for future thatd be great.

I raise 88 to 12 UTG, UTG+1 minraises to 20 (did this a few hands ago w/ AK and checked behind when he missed and i flopped a set). Button cold calls, SB cold calls. I consider reraising b/c were all 500 deep but decide its more bluffing than not and why not take adv to flop a set.

Flop 933 2 h, check to pfr who bets 20 again folds to me and i consider a CR but wtf would i be repping? 1 small pair. So I call.

Turns a K, I check? He bets 50. I ?

-JP
Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Wierd spot. 2/4 6max

i fold turn, really not much you beat there, unless you feel like trying to bluff TT-QQ out (but even if he did hold that, itd be hard)

not worth it, fold, this guy sounds like the perfect loose-passive sort of guy

also, just google "hand converter"
Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 AM

No set no bet. Some folk play middle pairs aggresivly pre-flop but you don't have much of a hand unless you hit a set.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Fold turn. Rest looks good, definitely not a time to 3-bet preflop. And I assume it was 2/4 so m ake it 16 preflop.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:42 PM

your up against 2 overcards and u said yourself he wasnt much of a stabber, let alone 2 barrels on the flop and turn. I doubt ur ahead.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:32 PM

Thanks everyone who responded. However, the replies werent really what I was looking for.

Yah I folded. yah I know folding there is correct. I also went w/ my read that he wouldnt fire twice w/o missed overcards.

My plan was to Donk a non paint turn.

The problem is, the reason for this post is, I feel like my line is bad somewhere. The situation that was created sucks. The minraiser shouldnt be able to slow me down/steal the initiative so much and bet 20 into 80 on the flop.

If it was Heads up preflop id be fine b/c i can either reraise or not and still have lots of stack room to manuever.

In this spot though, the extra callers inflated the pot. I agree that just calling for a set and folding is fine but its not like this guy has shown Massive strength here. Yet if I move on him, i have little room to make decisions.

In talking this hand w/ Scdavis0. We agreed the best play here when the other cold callers chekc is to just pot it and play it like I never was reraised pf in the first place. This puts the initial raiser in a bind w/ the others behind him.

-JP