Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Beaten like a Red Headed Step Child

If you have KK and the flop comes AQ3 you suppose you may fold... I am betting you would fold a pretty large percentage of the time... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I know I would. I would have to know our maniac pretty well to be calling without top pair... or I would have to be pretty much out of money.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with raising a 1/3 of my stack is that I don't know if anyone will call. If I had been at the table a bit, and I knew a couple of my opponents may call a big overbet sure... but I don't want to lose everybody... well in this case I guess yes, I did want to lose everybody. I just can't make myself try to drive everyone out of a pot when I have A's in HE. You have such a huge edge over your opponents it has to be a mistake to force everyone out.

Still getting my ass kicked though, so maybe my A's edge isn't as big as I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know your opponents well, don't risk your whole stack to find out what they play like.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:02 PM

I once saw this question posed on this site: If you had everything you owned on a poker table... everything, your house, your business, your car... etc. and you were playing heads up against a guy, he goes all-in and has you covered, and you look down at AA would you call?

I would, it would take me about 1/100 of a second to call, but I have gambled a lot bigger with a lot less edge at life situations. So I don't really mind not knowing my opponent if I am guaranteed not to be behind.

So sure it is good to know your opponent, but it isn't necessary. You can still make the best decision based on the information you have.

Now, in the same situation, if I knew this guy only puts everything in with AA, I would fold. The 9% of the time that he flushes, would rip me apart inside.

So obviously it is best to have as much information as possible.

I don't think way over betting the pot with AA is the right decision. However, in hind site I think it would have been way better.

Old 08-01-2003, 04:08 PM

Default I have read some posts regarding preflop

I definitely donīt think you should raise more!!
Maybe a KQ or AJ will call you if you raise to 15$ but not if you raise to 25$

I liked the way you played the hand