Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Crazy hand from PP

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kd 5d (high card, ace).
Hero has As Ts (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.75 BB. </font>

This guy has been raising and calling down hands with nothing for the last hour. He's caught me a couple times when he actually had a hand. Is this guy just nuts or is the goal to get paid off big when he does have something?
OR is he still on tilt from this:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ad As (one pair, aces).
Hero has Td Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.75 BB. </font>
Old 11-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Crazy hand from PP

Not raising the river in the second hand is criminal.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:25 PM

If you could put your reads at the top, that'd be appreciated.

If he's as bad as you say, hand 1 is fine. And why on god's green earth aren't you raising the river in hand 2?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:28 PM

First of all, don't post your results.

Hand 1:
The flop check/raise is retarded. You have no reason to believe anybody will bet. Given the flop check/raise/cap, I lead the turn but call down when raised.

Hand 2:
I actually like hand 3. When he 3-bets the turn he's about equally likely to hold AA/KK, but could also be on QQ. When he leads the river after you capped we can be pretty sure he's on either AA or KK. He's a 2:1 favourite to be on KK using only handdistrubution combos, since he's more likely to lead KK here he's at least 50/50 to hold KK imo. If you raise and are behind to KK you'll lose 1 more bet than you'll gain when you raise and are ahead. I like the river call.

EDIT: Is villain the same in both hands? And could you clarify your read, I'm not sure what you mean. When giving this advice I considered myself readless in hand 1 and that oppponent was loose, but not very aggressive in hand 2.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop check/raise is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very helpful comment.
Though I think OP is completely useless but this doesn't mean anyone can start doing offensive comments.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:43 PM

OK, no results and any info on top from now on. Great stuff, I appreciate the input.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very helpful comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also pointed out exactly why the bet was retarded, so at least my post was helpfull. It wasn't ment as an insult to OP as I do not think OP is retarded. Also notice that I didn't pointed the comment to OP, but to the action which obviously is awfull. The flop check/raise is retarded.

EDIT: I'm actually the only one who have taken the time to try to help OP with a post not only saying "Not raising the river is crimal".
Old 11-24-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1:
The flop check/raise is retarded. You have no reason to believe anybody will bet. Given the flop check/raise/cap, I lead the turn but call down when raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not keep on going after a turn raise?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1:

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not keep on going after a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
I considered him as unknown and I'm not sure what the read bellow tells me. If he's a LAG I'm definately 3-betting as well. Against an unknown it's time to slow down.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM

"helpful" was unfortunate from me b/c I agree that you were actually helpful with your comments. I just dislike these strong comments like "retarded" as I think they are intimidating but maybe this is b/c English is not my first language. The OP was fine so I have no reason to go on about this.