Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 06:11 AM

Default the beginning

i am just curious. how did yall get started in online poker. when, how big bankroll , overall progress,
if yall wish to reply...
Old 10-17-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: the beginning

Played live for awhile, scared of paradise because i heard it was rigged,
found 2+2 and read about everyone getting rich, signed up at party.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:06 AM

Started 6 years ago before RNG's were really perfected. Nobody is rigged. Put $50 in at Paradise (the biggest place there was at the time) 3 times before it caught and never looked back.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:20 AM

thinking back i cant remember exactly. but i played live before i started online. and my first site was pokerroom. i then bonus whored and slowly built a decent roll, i took poker seriously and spent winnings on buying books and trying to better myself.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:19 AM

I've been playing about 3 months now. Turned my initial $50 deposit at partypoker into $1325, as of right now, playing .50/1.00 and now 1/2 limit.

I became interested in poker after watching that fine, quality tv show, "Celebrity Poker Showdown".
Old 10-17-2005, 09:55 AM

$10 on Pokerroom turned into $50 on Empire turned into everything I've made so far.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 AM

Started with 300 on PP about 3 years ago. lost it and uninstalled the program. TOo many bad beats and thought the site was rigged. Little did i know that i wasnt very good back then. reinstalled program with another 200 (giving online poker one last chance). Somehow went on a good roll and then started learning the game. The rest, as they say, is history.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:38 AM

$20 and played 0.02/0.04, Found this forum few months later after buying ITH and getting bankroll to about $40.

I dropped to $4 and worked it back up, moving to new stakes everytime i had 300BB. Now i'm at 1/2

Pokers great, Looking to get into gambling and go pro next year.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:21 PM

I had two starts. The first was, naturally, at PartyPoker after seeing the WSOP last summer. I deposited $50, and lost it after about a weeks. My last hand during this stint was with pocket Aces.

After busting out, I bought two poker books: "Winner's Guide To Texas Hold'em" (Ken Warren, C-), and "Killer Poker Online" (John Vorhaus, A-). The latter book led me to RGP, which then quickly led me here.

My next jump in, I took the free $10 at RV (Prima), got that up to about $40 playing .05/.10 limit. I deposited $50 of my own so I could move up to .25/.50. I cashed out $900 around Christmas, and started playing PP in this new year.

I've recently rededicated myself to moving up in limits, since my yearly winnings for mostly .50/1 play is nothing to brag about.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 PM

i saw the WSOP on vacation in hawaii on tv and thought it seemed really cool... took almost a year before i actually got around to making a deposit online though. i read hellmuth's book cover to cover like 4 times ( great idea, i know ) beforehand so i had an idea of how to play... then i injured my back pretty bad so i had a lot of downtime last october, put 250 bucks in on pokerroom and started at .25/.50 and just grinded it up to where i am now, 8 tabling 10/20. what a world. pretty good for a year i'd say.