Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Blind structure

2/3 blind structure defenitely makes games more aggressive and interesting. The next step is to make 3-blinds games. Something like 1-2-3 structure will defenitely increase an edge of thinking players i believe and make majority of postflop plays as fundamental as PF play for 2 blinds is for now.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM

We played the 3 blind structure (well, it was an automatic straddle, but it's really the same thing) at canterbury for about 8 hours last friday. ACTION CITY.

$20sb, $30bb, $60straddle that got to close the action...
Old 05-10-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/3 blind structure defenitely makes games more aggressive and interesting. The next step is to make 3-blinds games. Something like 1-2-3 structure will defenitely increase an edge of thinking players i believe and make majority of postflop plays as fundamental as PF play for 2 blinds is for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%
Old 05-10-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Party adding more 30/60 tables..

True, but LAG's aren't where the easy money is at, its in the calling stations. If all the hyper-active donk's go to the new 30 tables, the 15's can only get better. Its like in a B&M cardroom, the best game is normally the 2nd biggest limit.

lf
Old 05-10-2005, 05:08 PM

heh, unless the second highest limit happens to be 10/20.

10/20 blows unless it's the highest game in the room.

I hadn't previously thought about that though, but it seems right to me. 15 at Wynn, 30 at the B, and the 20 at mirage are all fabulous games.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but LAG's aren't where the easy money is at, its in the calling stations. If all the hyper-active donk's go to the new 30 tables, the 15's can only get better. Its like in a B&M cardroom, the best game is normally the 2nd biggest limit.

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure the 2nd highest limit is supposed to be the toughest game...

I can't think of anywhere this is actually the case other than oceans 11 on weekends when the 40 game is going, but thats what I always though the general rule was.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One question: I assume that the increase in 30 games applies to Empire and the other skins too, right? It might seem like a silly question but there are some differences in the availability of games. For example, Empire doesn't have the bad beat jackpot games or something like that if memory serves me right.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only differences between the sites in terms of game availability is the jackpot tables (only on Party) and the multi-table tournaments (each site runs their own).
Old 05-10-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's the cliche. Because the games generally get tougher as the limits go up, but the highest limit will often attract the high rollers who just want to gamble.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's the cliche. Because the games generally get tougher as the limits go up, but the highest limit will often attract the high rollers who just want to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya thats waht I thought, thanks for confirming that I'm not an idiot, I was a lil worried for a second there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're still holding back on 15/30 6-max tables. Dat sux.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are there so few? I've wondered about this before. Does Party limit the number, or is there just no one who wants to play 15/30 6m? Neither of those possiblities makes much sense to me.