Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Minor spewage with KJo

"And would he limp behind the weak player with T-9s knowing it's very likely to get raised behind him?"

and would he or anyone in any 20-40 game short of a few of the posters here ever think this deeply about a preflop limp decision?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes, but hero described villian as "thought about folding to my 3bet". Of course, going by your read, we never should have made the 3bet. It is certainly possible that villian merely has trips (JT?), but you are correct in that most of the hands raised by the villian on this turn have the hero beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, my bad, I didnt see the part where the villain thought about mucking, then everything I wrote on this thread has no value. It must be trip tens, but that doesnt make much sense since I dont see this type of opponent checkraising the turn with just trips, but that must be his hand then. I still dont like the hero's turn 3 bet, but given the hero's read on the villain almost mucking his hand on the turn, I like the hero's river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
The more I think about this hand the more I get confused, is there really any hand the villain could checkraise this turn on that he would think about mucking to a 3 bet?? Even if he had trip tens, it should be an autocall in this large pot since he has many outs to beat a flush or straight. If the tight player had the nut flush,QTs,T9s,99,or Tx(which is his entire range IMO) he wouldnt think about folding any of these hands on the turn. I am beginning to wonder if the hero misread the villain on the turn, is it possible the villain was thinking about reraising instead of thinking about folding and decided to call down? I dont normally care about the results of a hand, but I would really like to know what the villain had now. I have this feeling the villain wasnt thinking about mucking the turn after all
Old 11-15-2005, 06:28 PM

he wouldn't piss himself if he 4 bet the turn he would just fold. Doesn't anyone else think the guy just had JT or AT? Those are hands people that are sincere say stuff like "i hope i get lucky" with. Especially JT. Maybe he is just jerking us around but he doesn't sound like the kind of guy that says this crap every hand
Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Results

Regular had 99. I was stunned that he limped preflop and considered folding the turn. He was stunned that I 3-bet the turn.

In retrospect, I'm actually not doing great against his range of turn check-raising hands. JT is really the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I beat. Which isn't to say that I wouldn't 3-bet the turn anyway with my flush draw, but it's not strictly for value against a weaker hand.

When he thought so long about calling the turn (and I'm pretty certain he believed his options were call/fold, not call/raise) I put him squarely on a small flush, with a very small chance that he had the same straight or the nut flush. His talking really suggested a hand that was decent but had no chance of improvement, and he was considering whether it was worth two bets for him to show it down. I assumed that a full house would always at least call, a T wouldn't have any difficulty calling and trying to fill, and that he wouldn't have any real difficulty calling down the nut flush against me, which really only left a hand like 8h7h. So I bet the river for value. I had no illusions of making him fold a better hand. I would have definitely thought about checking the river unimproved. Obviously, my read on his aggression level was way off.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
pretty tight and decent but slightly passive regular limps UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Regular had 99. I was stunned that he limped preflop and considered folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really that stunning, is it? What's stunning is that you'd play the turn that way against a 'slight passives' turn c/r on a flush possible, paired board.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, my read on his aggression level was way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, your read was fine, you just ignored it.

b