Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:54 PM

Default 50/100 hand vs. KKF

HU. I'm playing LAG but in small pots, no big pots. KKF is playing just flat out LAG. I have 13k he has me covered . I raise K6s on button he calls, pot is 600. Flop is TT6o, he checks i bet 600, i think he'll call with ace high.

he minraises, i think this is weak enough to warrant playing on. he is real aggro from what i can see, he will bet this turn a lot of the time with whatever he has. so, i call his 600 and raise 1200 on top (meant to raise 1800 on top). i think this is good vs. pocket pairs better than mine he may have to fold now, and it won't let him bluff me out of the pot
Old 10-19-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 50/100 hand vs. KKF

9 posts until you're banned danny?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:01 PM

what does that mean? who is danny?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU. I'm playing LAG but in small pots, no big pots. KKF is playing just flat out LAG. I have 13k he has me covered . I raise K6s on button he calls, pot is 600. Flop is TT6o, he checks i bet 600, i think he'll call with ace high.

he minraises, i think this is weak enough to warrant playing on. he is real aggro from what i can see, he will bet this turn a lot of the time with whatever he has. so, i call his 600 and raise 1200 on top (meant to raise 1800 on top). i think this is good vs. pocket pairs better than mine he may have to fold now, and it won't let him bluff me out of the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

ill let others comment, im not going to go into too many details though with you being the opposition.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:08 PM

why not? we're talking together it's not like i'm lurking and picking up your secrets and you don't know about it. we talk adn gain informatiion, you learn it i learn it, it's even. we just gain an advantage over all else
Old 10-19-2005, 11:34 PM

then why did u bother posting?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:14 AM

this is the best thread ever on so so so many levels.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning is that i didnt think you'd reraise a T here, so I was going to make you make a tough call with a six or 77-99.

I figured that you had Ace high a large amount of time here, otherwise something like 55 or 86.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:28 AM

well iguess you are right i wouldn't do that with a T. good play that is gutsy. i still like my line, does anyone have an alternative one to propose or anythign to say on the hand?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well iguess you are right i wouldn't do that with a T. good play that is gutsy. i still like my line, does anyone have an alternative one to propose or anythign to say on the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to define what you are doing here. Are you trying to push him off of a better hand or are you raising for value?

What is his range at this point? Something like any pocket pair, a 6, and air.

Your flop reraise isn't bad at all, I kind of like it.

I think raising the turn may be a good alternative.

If you just call, and let him lead the turn, you can raise enough to take a free showdown against pocket pairs slightly larger than a 6, and maybe get paid off by weaker 6's. Also, waiting and raising the turn might allow you to represent a 10 more effectively, getting a fold out of larger pocket pairs. The down side is that you let overs get a free turn card.

All and all, I think your flop reraise is the best play. You can't fold here consistently because that is way to weak, his range will get wider and wider the more you let him push this spot. If he pushes or even just calls after you reraise you are done with the hand on this drawless board. I think raising 1800 is much better than raising 1200.

blake