Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 10:35 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL on UB - JT on the JJ5 flop

Top Set. lol.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:54 AM

Wouldn't a flopped 5s full be looking for a slow-play or someone to raise behind on the flop or bet the pot on the turn. The min-raise could mean he's checking to see if 66-TT is good. Is hero against QJs, KJs, or AJs?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:29 AM

I don't see UTG+1 having J9 or worse. He may have an overpair with missed limp-reraise, but it's really too late to figure it out now without getting all-in. I think the call of the min raise from SB also indicates something scary. He could have 55 very easily. I like seeing monsters, but I do not see how you are good enough times here to make this +EV. One final problem is that 55 plays a lot like ATo which plays a lot like an overplayed overpair on this board. The river will probably be all-in if the turn is called, no matter what UTG+1 has.

If you choose to stay in the hand, I think just calling UTG+1 here is preferable to raising because you are either far ahead or far behind and want to maximize your winnings when you are ahead. You aren't folding anyone you are behind of.

On party I push. At these levels I fold and move on.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:02 PM

This smells like a pocket pair to me. The big turn bet was a result of his flop information bet not being raised. SB wouldn't lead out with a Jack on the flop would he? Perhaps A2. I think UTG+1 is overplaying his hand a bit and I'd take a route to get the money in the middle by the end of the hand. To do that, I'd probably call the turn and push on the river. If it is checked to you on the river, I'd value bet half the pot not believing that you'd get called by a worse hand if they checked the river.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Results?

Found this post and was curious as to what happened.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Results?

[ QUOTE ]
Found this post and was curious as to what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

He either lost the hand through bad play or sucked out when behind and won that way, since he's ignored the previous requests to post the results before and didn''t want to be flamed for the play (if he'd lost the results he'd say), IMO.