Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Longtime lurker first time post Did I play this right?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 11-22-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Longtime lurker first time post Did I play this right?

looks fine, w/o reads its a fine calldown, people like to bluff scare cards like that
Old 11-22-2005, 01:57 AM

Read was 18.69/3.74/3.79/107
Old 11-22-2005, 02:21 AM

I've been folding the turn in these spots. You're likely way behind or drawing dead. I can't think of too many hands that KQ beats or has a good enough draw to beat. His play is consistent with slowplaying something on the flop, or making a flush on the turn. Unless I've seen him get out of line in other spots I'm folding this close to 100% of the time. The pot isn't even that big.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. One, you should realize that these are stats, not a real read. Two, after 107 hands, I hope you have a real read. This isn't meant to be snarky, but it's a skill you need to develop.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:33 AM

I play the same. Looks as if it could be a flush but also could be two pair or semi-bluff with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I would need a read to fold the turn.

Post reads with your hands next time. It helps a ton with making the correct decision.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:49 AM

*grunch*

yes, imo. For many people it is standard in HU to wait for the turn to raise trying to get more value on their better holdings. Since you raised from MP1, he can't really think you are stealing. So he probably has a little something on the turn. Without reads, I would assume either a top pair not necessarily with a better kicker a set or a flush. At 1/2 I haven't found too many people raising to semi-bluff a flushdraw on the turn. So without a read I wouldn't count on that too much.

The river card doesn't change much. Unless he was semi-bluffing you are still either ahead or behind a better TP or flush.
So I would play it the same against an unknown and a rock that wouldn't raise the turn without a good hand. Against a LAG I would bet/call.
Well, hold on a second. Pokerstove tells me, you are a huge favorite against a 15%, 20%, 25% and more player. Even against someone who plays 22+,A2s+,K2s+,QTs+,ATo+,KJo+,QJo. You have 80% equity here. I would appreciate comments on the range though (just starting with that). I would now even more bet/call the river unless villain really is a rock.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:44 AM

NH.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 AM

TO be honest, Your beat a fair bit when the flush completes and you get raised.

Saying that however, the only time i ditch these hands are when im confident a player isn't tricky and has been passive for the majority of hands. Even then, i dont like it.

he could have just hit two pair, although on the river you're still screwed vs most hands.

Meh, I hate calling down represented flush draws!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. One, you should realize that these are stats, not a real read. Two, after 107 hands, I hope you have a real read. This isn't meant to be snarky, but it's a skill you need to develop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backing up wookie, Infact i'd advise(when comfortable at your current stakes) to ditch PA for a while(But continue to let PT read the hands - You want records of all hands you play, Database is a VITAL tool when ti comes to self improvement).

When you feel you have reads on the players, open PA. If you had a TAG read on MrWookie, see if you're correct. If you're wrong just keep at it.

I say when your comfortable at the stakes as losing PA when you're reliant on it(MANY people are, and are clueless on manual reads unfortunatly) may affect your win rate. If you do this to early on in the stakes you may think you're losing as your "bad" reads are affecting youre play/making you misplay hands.

Good luck,
Welcome. Posters make much faster progress than lurkers [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]