Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Arrested Development cancelled

I hate the American Public more every day. We need to bring back some good ole' natural selection to weed out the stupid.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:22 PM

WTF no [censored] way. Screw all those guys with their [censored] Neilsen boxes. I'm pissed and sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

GoT
Old 11-11-2005, 05:54 PM

This is awful.

Last weeks episode with the mole and the spaceman suit crushing the houses like godzilla was one of the best moments in all of TV history.

FCK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But still Reality shows are killing Network TV. FX, HBO, and showtime are now some of the only good places to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with Reality TV? Because it's cheaper to produce? If a show is good enough and appeals to a broad enough audience, it will continue. AD just doesn't do well enough in the ratings. That's either a marketing problem or a stupid public problem, as we all know it isn't a quality issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks they're not going to order a full 22 - but I would imagine AD, relative to other options (even other sitcoms) is very expensive to produce.

But I still have some hope... Fox is definitely testing the syndication waters right now, and likely they'll need more epsiodes (and with more episodes make more $). This revenue, combined with increasing DVD sales, could make the economics on this show palatable. Remember what happend with Family Guy - surely Fox does.

But yeah - dude, a George Lopez may suck, for example, and this is scary, but it kills AD in ratings. It's not even close (ew).
Old 11-11-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks to people like Private Joker (no offense) the reality shows kill great, actually creative, scripted comedy & drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone enlighten me as to why Private Joker is an influence herre? Im guessing a job in television?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:29 PM

What?!?! Private Joker is behind this??!! Lets form an angry mob and burn his house!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:30 PM

In another thread he said told us he does the casts for a reality tv company called, umm I don't remember, but the make trading spouses.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In another thread he said told us he does the casts for a reality tv company called, umm I don't remember, but the make trading spouses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality TV is definitely responsible for hurting the quality of Network TV landscape for scripted series. (No offense intended at all to private joker - I like alot of reality TV.)

But I don't see how one can debate that. It's as simple as there's only so much real estate to air stuff - Reality is cheaper to license, but still has hit potential. You'd have to be a moran and not air some Reality if you're a broadcast network. This reduces at-bats for comedies and dramas, so we, as an audience, get way fewer chances to sample possibly great stuff.

But hey - if you wanna subsidize broadcast networks and help out their bottom-line somehow - I bet you'll get way better shows on the air [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's a shame AD can't do better ratings - I think alot of it is marketing and scheduling (true for most series). Shoulda kept it on Sundays.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:50 PM

HBO needs to step up to the plate and buy as many new seasons as possible. AD would be soo much better on HBO, and it'd be perfect for them, especially considering that Sopranos and Curb are gonna be ending within the next two years
Old 11-11-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FUCKENSHIT

[/ QUOTE ]