Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 PM

Default My fold of AA here is correct right?

25NL Hero has $35.00, Villian just sat down 2 orbitz ago and has been very active (31.00). He's shown down AA, KK, AJ (TPTK) then 2 horrid bluffs that took the pot. He's won 5 of the last 20 hands or so.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and raises to 1.00. $2.00 raises were not being called at all. 5 way call. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot 5.35 - Hero bets $3.25, folds around to Villian who min raises to $6.50.

What is your action now? Maybe he has set of 10s or 4s?? Hero calls.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero?

Hero checked and folded to 7.00 bet. I think I was crushed to a set or possibly AJ. I was a little confused....
Old 08-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: My fold of AA here is correct right?

UTG i'd raise it more preflop. Bet more on that flop, probabl pop his mini raise to 12 and be done with the hand if he called or reraised.

with the line you took i would have definetly led the turn for about 10-12.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM

if you have been seen as tight i bet out pot on flop fold to a raise. is he a maniac who will bluff at an obvious sign of strength like that? if he is you have to make a stand and i push flop. only a set has you killed you have some outs against everything else. i only do this is he is really lag.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
25NL Hero has $35.00, Villian just sat down 2 orbitz ago and has been very active (31.00). He's shown down AA, KK, AJ (TPTK) then 2 horrid bluffs that took the pot. He's won 5 of the last 20 hands or so.

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and raises to 1.00. $2.00 raises were not being called at all. 5 way call. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot 5.35 - Hero bets $3.25, folds around to Villian who min raises to $6.50.

What is your action now? Maybe he has set of 10s or 4s?? Hero calls.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero?

Hero checked and folded to 7.00 bet. I think I was crushed to a set or possibly AJ. I was a little confused....

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise more preflop.

I would call the flop min-raise and lead out on the turn and fold to another raise, even if it's another min-raise.

If you are the preflop raiser and get min raised on the flop it usually indicates the donk has TP.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you have been seen as tight i bet out pot on flop fold to a raise. is he a maniac who will bluff at an obvious sign of strength like that? if he is you have to make a stand and i push flop. only a set has you killed you have some outs against everything else. i only do this is he is really lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree I should have 3 bet the flop. Maybe he put me on a missed AK, maybe he had QQ. who knows. I ended up busting him with J/9s against his minraise AA preflop on a 10 Q K flop, but just felt lost on this hand.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Me personally....I try and get all in on that flop. He has shown down 5 hands, and 2 were bluffs...seems like he might over play his top pair hands, and maybe worse.....so AA is good enough here for me to go over the top of his flop raise. If he has as set so be it, if he turns or rivers another J on you, so be it.....but I am gonna make him put his stack in on the flop to see 4th and 5th street.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me personally....I try and get all in on that flop. He has shown down 5 hands, and 2 were bluffs...seems like he might over play his top pair hands, and maybe worse.....so AA is good enough here for me to go over the top of his flop raise. If he has as set so be it, if he turns or rivers another J on you, so be it.....but I am gonna make him put his stack in on the flop to see 4th and 5th street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this. Use your leverage while you have the best hand against a confirmed bluffer to take his large-ish flop bet right there; or at worst induce him into making a bad decision. There are only 9 combinations that make a set, 3 of them unlikely in the absence a PF raise (you don't mention his position).
Old 08-10-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds right. He might overplayer his TP. U have got to punish this aggressive player. He might have JT, but don't let him sucker ur with any of the other hands that he might have, that you will be way ahead of here.

POts
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(you don't mention his position).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm UTG, he's in the CO. Thanks for the replies.