Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 02:23 AM

Default List of all Custom Chipmakers

I've been thinking about getting a nice set of chips soon... I really like the martini club clays at nevadajacks, but I'd like to do a custom set. In searching the web for custom chip makers, I realized there really isn't one place that has all of them listed. If you know of a custom chip maker, please list their company name and web address and I'll update this post so we have a sort of "reference guide" for custom chips. Thanks in advance for any contributions.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: List of all Custom Chipmakers

Try reading www.pokerchipreviews.com.

http://www.pokerchipreviews.com/pokerchips1.html

He's got a whole list of manufacturers and everything...
Old 01-20-2005, 01:28 PM

Might seperate them out as Hot Stamp only (e.g. The Poker Chip Company)... for example I don't know if Kardwell offers custom inlays... or not include HS only ones.

Here's a quick list to start...
Homepokerchips.com
Pokerchips.com
Chipco International
TR King
Nevada Jacks
Matsui & RT Plastics I believe offer limited customizations
The Chip Store
Blue Chip

Definitely research the good/bad as a couple haven't had the best reviews... you asked for a list not a good company list [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- Fins
Old 01-20-2005, 01:34 PM

HomePokerTourney Poker Chip Pricelist
Old 01-20-2005, 03:44 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone! I spent a few hours researching other chips and reading reviews, and I've made my decision. I'm definately buying a set of the Martini Club Clays from Nevada Jack's. Those chips have awesome color combinations, a nice graphic, and they're about as close to paulson chips as you can get. I saw a post by Luckystryke, he bought a set and they look phenominal when in stacks. I think i'll shoot for an end goal of 1000 chips, but i'll buy them in two separate 500 chip orders. (because they're oober expensive) My first set will be mainly a tournament set following some of homepokertourney's chips needed guidlines.

First buy:
200 red $5
150 green $25
100 black $100
50 purple $500

For my second set, i'll add more of what i've already got, as well as 150-200 of the $0.25 and $1 chips for cash games. Now... all I have left to do is save $1,300 to buy them. Anyone want to buy a poker table?

Mark "Riverboat Willie" Nelson
RBW Custom Poker Tables
Old 01-20-2005, 03:57 PM

Hey Willie,

FYI - I have heard many different things said about the Martini Club chips, and Blue Chips in general (some good, some bad). Your post reminded me of this previous post by TenPercenter:

Warped Chip

Good luck with your chips!

J5
Old 01-20-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they're about as close to paulson chips as you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. Blue Chips are pretty far from Paulson in both overall quality and feel. You may or may not feel the same way, but you should definitely get samples of any chips you are thinking about before you commit to such a large purchase.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:17 AM

I e-mailed them about a sample set, but NJ hasn't gotten back to me yet... i fully intended upon getting some samples before ordering. What really drew me to this set was how it looks... the colors go really well with each other and the edge spots are awesome. The chips themselves have a good mold (as opposed to some of the other ones i've seen from the custom sector) and they have the double wide edge spots I love... They got a really good review at the site listed above. We'll see what comes of this... but the only thing that could really pry me off of these would be horrible samples. Another aspect I like about this set is that it's a continuing line, so if I want to add on in the future I can.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they're about as close to paulson chips as you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. Blue Chips are pretty far from Paulson in both overall quality and feel. You may or may not feel the same way, but you should definitely get samples of any chips you are thinking about before you commit to such a large purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]