Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: So I go it alone

I don't think calling is an option here. 3betting, however, is at least worth considering. A TAG is going to fold overcards to a check 3bet here a large majority of the time, and on that board the checkraise represents a very very large range of hands, some of which A3 is ahead of. So the decision is between raising and folding in my mind.

I mostly posted this though because I wasn't really sure how to evaluate that decision using math. Mainly I don't really know how to count my outs, and how to compare that value to what the pot is laying me (do i first decide if I want to continue and look at those odds, or do I only look at the odds I get when I 3bet?) Nevertheless I am probably overthinking this hand.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:40 AM

"3betting, however, is at least worth considering."

I agree. I don't think you need to do the complex math, I think you take it down often enough just by continuing to fire. Folding is no good here and threebetting is superior to calling as you can represent a wide range of hands from your spot.

-Michael
Old 08-28-2005, 06:54 AM

Backdoor nut flush, gutshot, overcard. Its been said - your hand had lots of outs to improve. 3betting is nice here. The mp is trying to get you out of the pot, and since he is loose, I'd think he probably has at least a pair, but nothing too strong. Also, it seems unlikely that the TAG hit anything on that flop.