Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Funny hand, low content

We're playing a 6 handed SNG, winner takes all. UTG has said he's in a hurry and has gotta go. We're mostly even stacked except OTB is short. BB has a little more than UTG.

UTG goes all in. UTG+1 folds. I look down at 88, eventhough I know UTG doesn't have much since he said he's in a hurry I fold just because I thought it was silly to go all in 88 early in the game w/ 2 cowboys behind me.

OTB goes all in, not a big surprise. SB folds.
BB quickly calls. Since UTG and OTB are all in cards get flipped over.

UTG has 22
OTB has KK
BB has KK

When under the gun sees this he starts complaining about the shuffle. I chime in that I had 88. UTG seems almost truly upset.

flop is XXX
turn is 2
river is X

OTB is out, BB is short stacked. UTG quiets down a little about the shuffle, but he still says its impossible.

Talk about a funny hand and two players eating up each others outs.

For the rest of the night we all kept getting pocket pairs.

BB from this hand got JJ twice in a row.

Any of you guys notice this. Some nights are dominated by certain hands. Some nights are "all" pocket pairs, others "all" straights or flushes?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Peter.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Funny hand, low content

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you guys notice this. Some nights are dominated by certain hands. Some nights are "all" pocket pairs, others "all" straights or flushes?

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened to us just this Friday... straights like crazy. Seemed like every flop had straight possibilities and the turn often made it 4 to a straight on the board.

It got to the point where you were afraid to throw away 3-gappers, knowing that you might have a chance with the flop. Pre-flop raises were simply being ignored with 4-6 guys seeing the flop almost every hand... which added to the possibilities. You would get dealt pocket Aces and get nervous.

It was pretty funny. Things did settle down later in the evening and people could go back to doing what they learned in their books...
Old 02-27-2005, 04:30 PM

We had a couple big hands go down at the final table of our dorm tourney last week. Within 20 minutes of eachother, we had 2 hands dealt to a full table that contained 6 pocket pairs, and 4 of those were J or higher both times. There were some awesome laydowns and some very lucky flops/turns/rivers so nobody ended up being kicked out as a result of the first, but the second one took out 3 people. One of those hands you can't believe unless you see it live, and would be "evidence" of a poker site cheating if it happened online.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It got to the point where you were afraid to throw away 3-gappers

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...you got any open seats?

[ QUOTE ]
...and would be "evidence" of a poker site cheating if it happened online.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha! well stated.