Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Should I be satisfied?

I'm posting a question that's been lurking in my mind the past few days. I have been cashing and making final tables like crazy the past week. I feel I'm playing excellent tournament poker. However, all of the tounaments of playing well have yet to result in a win. My last three multi-table tournaments have seen me finish in 4th (NL), 6th (L), and 7th (NL). I have won multi-table both live and on-line no-limit tourneys, on-line limit tournaments, and just two days ago finished in the money of my second ever, on-line, pot-limit tourney. I am very happy to be playing this well right now. In addition to those three most recent tourneys, in the past week I have made several final tables and have had even more money finishes. Should I be happy with that? Do I need a win to make it all worth the while? I feel I may be holding myself to unreasonable standards, but is that wrong? Should I not be satisfied until I get that, recently elusive, 1st place finish?

Cheers,

deacsoft

P.S. In addition to doing very well, over all, in tournaments this past week I have been doing very well in shorthanded ring games on-line. So, I don't feel my shorthanded game is directly responsible for the recent short comings. Most of my tournament bustings have come at the hands of 2, 3, and 4 outers or running in to A-A when I hold K-K and such.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Should I be satisfied?

Okay, let me try a different approach. Would you be satisfied?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Should I be satisfied?

Making the final table so many times takes skill so I would be very very pleased if I was you.
I also believe the difference between winning and making the final table has alot to do with luck, even more so online than live. A way to reduce the luck factor is to have more chips.. going into the final table as the chip leader gives you a better chance to withstand other players poor but lucky plays.
Congrats again, online MTT's are a hard place to make money consistently so .. yes be pleased, very [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dawdy