Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Final Table hand - 76s

I would fold here.

You're on a draw. While albiet a strong one, since you are more skilled than the button and the SB, you shouldn't need to take a close to coin flip decision for all your chips.

Wait for a better spot.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 AM

Many players on this forum post about xxx play being +EV when they are on the bubble or on the final table..
Calling an all in when you are down to 3 and you are drawing may be +EV in the long run but this is the very very short run, I dont think you should be playing hands which will win over time. You should be concentratng on the winning hand at the time.
If your opponent decides to take on a draw, good for him, Id rather have a made pair which in your case I believe your opponent had.
Fold and wait for a better chance.
As one of the other posters has already stated, if this guy is making mini raises preflop and you are in the BB you can call a few of these, win a few and you wont have to worry about the tempreture of your cards.
So being aggressive with a draw is good, calling with one at this point will cost u.
Congrats on your placing.(which position did you finish?)

Dawdy
Old 01-19-2005, 09:17 AM

Nate,

The numbers here seem a little vague. I think a big draw is more likely than you have it.

But anyhow, I think that if you did this same calculation for moving over the top of the button's next min raise all in, you would find a more positive EV situation. Even if a call here does have positive EV, it wont make it correct. It's like if you played 1/2 and passed on 15/30.

No limit holdem, in my opinion, is about folding equity. In your description of the button you describe him as a very loose caller, but surely he is able to fold to a raise, right? Winning pots without showing down your hand, and hovering around until you get a real obvious +EV situation (like calling a raise/all-in with big pair) is what my goal here with the type of stack you have. Gambool it up, but toss your chips around where you expect to win pots without a showdown.

-Jason