Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Multi-table vs Sit\'n\'Go

What's the big difference that you need to adapt to? When I play sit'n'gos I can finish top three around 7 times out of 10, but when I play a multi-table torney (at the same buy-in level) I usually don't get in the money but finish just outside the paid places.

Some advice on needed modifications in play needed.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Multi-table vs Sit\'n\'Go

[ QUOTE ]
When I play sit'n'gos I can finish top three around 7 times out of 10

[/ QUOTE ]

damn b. ur better than most pros. id stick to sit-n-go's.

on a serious,how many SnG's and MTTs are we talking here that you've played?
and my advice for MTT is ur not stealing and restealing at all. that was a huge step for me and greatly improved my MTT game.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:26 AM

Interesting Title, disappointing Post. Stick to sit n gos by the sound of it they will make you rich.

On the other hand I think the subject is interesting, particularily early in the sit n go it is my feeling that one has to open up a bit more than in a sit n go, were the blinds go up so fast that I will not get involved without very strong hodlings, might pass on some continuation bets, etc to keep my stack decent by level 4/5 and start stealing then.

In a MTT however it seems that you will need a bit of luck to get to the final table anyway so it feels reasonnable to push every edge from the start (within reason) in order to build your stack and possibly double up to the fish while he is still in.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM

Maybe I've been lucky lately, but SnG's have been running very well for me. I've been playing low-level buy-in though $5-10 for practicing and maybe not been up against the best opponents.

So MTT stealing/restealing is that trying to pick up the blinds when ur on the button, or bluffing on the turn/river representing a hand vs 1-2 players left?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So MTT stealing/restealing is that trying to pick up the blinds when ur on the button, or bluffing on the turn/river representing a hand vs 1-2 players left?

[/ QUOTE ]

u dont have to be on the button. stealing on teh button when folded to u is teh most obvious case. stealing depends alot of stack sizes and who is in teh blinds, among other things. restealing depends on who is doing teh original stealing AND whos in the blinds again. I like to steal in middle position with an above average stack with hands that i would normally limp in the first round of blinds in an MTT, (i.e. J9s, 89s and mid pockets). theres more too it but im in a rush right now.

also, im not sure, but i dont think theres a good old thread about stealing. maybe there is and someone can link to it.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:06 AM

OK, great this put me ITM yesterday (finished 12th out of 300 in a 2K torney)! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So any more suggestions so that next time it will be the final table?! BTW did anyone find the stealing link, searched but didn't hit any thread.