Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Review: Micropost Blind Defense: hands 59, 60, 85, 92

Check out my probability post that I stole from FTR about 3 posts above. It clearly says "EXACTLY" before each probability, so I'm sure they aren't overlapping.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking back, I think

59 - Clear call for me
60 - Probably should've folded
85 - Probably should've folded but closer IMO
92 - Very close

Eh, I felt like seeing more flops in this session [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about hands 42 and 69 then? Hand 42, with K7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the sb and one preflop limper, this is close between a call and a raise. Hand 69, you have 88, once again in the sb and once again with one preflop limper, (the same limper as the previous example I might add), I think you can pop this for a raise as well. Unless you have specific reads on both MP1 and the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

42 is probably a complete before a raise. I probably should've completed here but I usually like at least one more limper before I complete with a Kxs hand (with x < 9). Hand 69 should've probably been a pre-flop raise but I'm a position-whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not writing this to be pedantic but because the point of this exercise is to identify leaks, right? So saying that, based on what you said above concerning hand 42, why did you complete in the sb with hand 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll complete in the SB with KTo and K9o and fold anything less. With at least two limpers, I'll complete with Kxs. With just one limper, I treat Kxs pretty much like it's unsuited equivalent. Incorrect maybe but I figure the suited aspect loses some value when the hand is just three-way.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:57 PM

MicroPoster, what's your VPIP from the SB?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroPoster, what's your VPIP from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, I'll check when I get home. Mid to low 30's IIRC.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:15 PM

These are all folds IMO but microposter had at least 3 SB hands where he folded or completed that I would have raised. Overall pretty good looking session, not too many tough decisions so its hard to say. The blind play needs work. This is a good thread in that direction.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-08-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are all folds IMO but microposter had at least 3 SB hands where he folded or completed that I would have raised. Overall pretty good looking session, not too many tough decisions so its hard to say. The blind play needs work. This is a good thread in that direction.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. vs 1 MP limper (always the same guy) I'd have raised K7s, K9o, 88...and maybe others.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. vs 1 MP limper (always the same guy) I'd have raised K7s, K9o, 88...and maybe others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with this.

I would have raised this, also.

Hand 26 -
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)
Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
7 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, BB raises, Button folds.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:51 AM

I flagged the two 65o hands (60 and 92) as clear folds. If you're going to play 65o, why not just play any two?

Hand 59 (52s) is close but okay.

I would go ahead and fold hand 85 (75s) when it's raised in front of me, but it's close. I would call with this out of the BB all day long.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:58 AM

I like playing really tight on the buttons, because these hands get people in trouble all the time. Your hoping to hit a flush with the 2 hands that are suited, but in the rare occasion you run into a higher flush, your in bad shape. I dont like calling any raises with these hands, these hands are sunk cost. What happens when you flop a mid pair with one of these hands? Ill complete if its a partial to me here, but mostly I am folding these kinds of hands to raises. Your folding A10o to raises, why are you calling them with 75 suited? Yea your not dominated but you need to hit a great flop with them to make any money. Also, if you flop tplk with 75 or another similar hand, your wa/wb to and overpair!
cdl
Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like playing really tight on the buttons, because these hands get people in trouble all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean the blinds, (I hope you mean the blinds). Even so this is classic weak tight mentality.

[ QUOTE ]
Your hoping to hit a flush with the 2 hands that are suited, but in the rare occasion you run into a higher flush, your in bad shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

And all the times you hit your flush and don't run into another flush? Again, weak-tight.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like calling any raises with these hands, these hands are sunk cost. What happens when you flop a mid pair with one of these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

You outplay your opponents postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Ill complete if its a partial to me here, but mostly I am folding these kinds of hands to raises. Your folding A10o to raises, why are you calling them with 75 suited? Yea your not dominated but you need to hit a great flop with them to make any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only are you not dominated but you can hit a flush or a straight draw, not to mention a nice little 2 pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you flop tplk with 75 or another similar hand, your wa/wb to and overpair!
cdl

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again it's about outplaying your opponents postflop. You're often getting great odds when you're in the blinds, but if you don't take advantage of these situations then you will be losing a lot of money from the blinds over time.