Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Three types of people

Actualy, there are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Everyone that has responded has completely missed my point, and has gone onto a tangent of what a success is, my view of success is whatever each individual deems as successful, i posted this as many of us fall into the second catergorie, though it might help. Gues not
Old 08-09-2005, 07:00 PM

I thouht it was dicks, assholes, and pussies. Dicks [censored] pussies, but they also [censored] assholes to keep [censored] from getting on everything. Or something.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Who are you to tell me or anyone else which category we belong to?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone that has responded has completely missed my point, and has gone onto a tangent of what a success is, my view of success is whatever each individual deems as successful, i posted this as many of us fall into the second catergorie, though it might help. Gues not

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanted to say "many of us should consider spending the time to become excellent poker players instead of just good poker players, since in the long run we would make more money" then you should have said that. instead, we get sweeping and oversimplified declarations about the nature of the human race. if you have a point, make it. don't hint at it.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:57 AM

Just one question:

"successor"?

WTF?

Sorry, I guess that was two questions.

Word to the wise - before attempting complex human analysis, you should probably learn how to write and spell.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:00 AM

I would also suggest reading Victor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" before attempting this sort of thing again

"[Man is] a being whose main concern consists in fulfilling a meaning and in actualizing values, rather than in the mere gratification and satisfaction of drives and instincts."

"What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him. What he needs is not the discharge of tension at any cost, but the call of a potential meaning waiting to be fulfilled by him."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life - daily and hourly. Our answer must consist, not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual."
Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO (some letters you may want to be attaching to things like this) success is achieving the goals that you set out for yourself. the goals that a person chooses is their choice. just because you look at your neighor and think "gee, that lifes not for me" doesn't make him a loser or a "mr ordinary" that character flaws that prevent him from being a success.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who I believe, by nearly anyone's standards, would be considered successful. I asked him one day if he felt that way about himself. He said something that I judged was very profound. He said "You know, others have judged me to be successful for most of my life. The day I began to feel that way about myself was the day I set a new goal for myself. That goal was and continues to be to have no goals". Considering what he's accomplished and how he's given of himself to other human beings, it's hard to imagine him saying that!!