Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Nothing beats a ROYAL FLUSH !!!

[ QUOTE ]
ty. you're the first one to say that

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost pissed myself laughing when I read this.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 PM

[/ QUOTE ]What's wrong with that? Where should it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

In your head.Do you really think someone cares about your royal flush?
I'm missing the teaching of this interesting story. Perhaps I should read a poker book or something, lol.
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Too much to make fun of...Um...let me see.... First of all, not that it matters as this is neither a particularly interesting, poignant, or relevant post in terms of the POINT of this forum, but let me start by saying, dude, its not that bad a beat. You had the nut flush draw and a gut shot broadway straight draw on the flop...any "D" including the "D" of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would have made you the best hand. Also, you could have caught an A or K on the turn to give you even more outs...most of the time when you flop the nut flush draw, with two overcards, and a gut shot straight draw, you will win, not that surprising. It would have been a bad beat for YOU had you caught only the nut flush on the turn, or any "D" other than the "D" of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], knowing the 7 was coming on the river to make your buddy the boat of course. You just happened to catch the best possible card imaginable. Not only that, but it can't be a bad beat for anyone if you have the absolute nuts and someone goes all-in because they have a strong hand as well, thats just being really really lucky on your part. However, if you had both gone all-in on the flop, the 7 came on the turn, and the "D" [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the river, THAT would be a bad beat, and a bit more of an interesting story, although laughably irrelevant regardless. Also, how was this not all-in on the flop? Also, why was this posted at all? No offense, but it adds nothing to the forum IMHO. I feel I've wasted at least 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back to read this thread and respond henceforth. Oh yeah, if you're ever looking for a game...pm me your info...
Old 07-05-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had a royal flush too, once. Except I was dealt %[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] &[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and the flop only had the *[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on it. I turned the ^[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and rivered the $[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My poor opponent had *[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] *[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a flopped full house. Haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. What a DORK. I was using a French deck of cards and I even included the legend (R= KING, D= QUEEN, V= JACK). dumbf%&/<

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a "dumbfAQ7!"?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had a royal flush too, once. Except I was dealt %[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] &[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and the flop only had the *[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on it. I turned the ^[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and rivered the $[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My poor opponent had *[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] *[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a flopped full house. Haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. What a DORK. I was using a French deck of cards and I even included the legend (R= KING, D= QUEEN, V= JACK). dumbf%&/<

[/ QUOTE ]

What's a "dumbfAQ7!"?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's how the guy signs his posts. It's French for "moran".
Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's French for "moran".

[/ QUOTE ]

off topic (not that it matters in this thread) but what is the origin of this "moran" thing? I used to think it was just a typo but I see it so much here it must be an intentional misspelling of moron. Is it some kind of 2+2 thing or what?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:32 PM

Old 07-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-05-2005, 06:31 PM

I live in Tacoma, Washington. I travel regularly to SoCal (LA and San Diego) and Las Vegas. My offer is still good, I just backed off because it became apparant you were going to weasel your way out of it.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Tacoma, Washington. I travel regularly to SoCal (LA and San Diego) and Las Vegas. My offer is still good, I just backed off because it became apparant you were going to weasel your way out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
And my offer to stake you your travel expenses if Striker is willing to play you 5k heads up(and if you win you just repay me, no profit necessary) is still good. But of course, Striker will not accept it.
Closed Thread