Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 PM

Default posada sucks

somebody shoot him
Old 09-30-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: posada sucks

[ QUOTE ]
somebody shoot him

[/ QUOTE ]
Strikes out on 3 pitches right down the middle and doesn't swing at any of them. Then also has the nerve to argue over the last 2 strikes.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Strikes out on 3 pitches right down the middle and doesn't swing at any of them. Then also has the nerve to argue over the last 2 strikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you watching the game? At least one of those two pitches were blatantly out of the strike zone, and then other was a judgement call.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:15 PM

Posada is a little bitch. He is a mediocre offensive player and a lousy defensive catcher. Not to mention his lack of a chin. I am sure Harold Reynolds would expound on his intangibles, but that is just excuse making for an over the hill player.

As a Red Sox fan I dread the day the Yankees get a good young catcher.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is a mediocre offensive player and a lousy defensive catcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

His offensive numbers are mediocre but actually above average for catchers around the league. Defensively, I haven't the vaguest notion what you're talking about--he throws out runners at a good clip, handles popups well and doesn't allow nearly the # of passed balls he did in years past.

Where Posada is lacking, especially compared to the other "home-grown" Yankees (Williams and Jeter) is his clutch hitting. His only significant hit in a playoff game or other big spot I can recall is the one that tied game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, and that was a bloop single off the end of the bat.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:55 AM

I just want to say I'm born and raised in western NY, and while all my friends love the Yankees, I grew up in Rochester(which use to be the orioles farm team) and have always hated them. I can't say I'm a true Sox fan,(I've only followed them for the past five years) I'm more of a fan of the yankees losing. I mean, I absoultly hate the yanks. I hate their owner, I hate how they try and buy a championship every year(they are the reason there needs to be a salary cap), and i hate their fans excuses for their evil deeds. The yankees are the only team they show on t.v. up here(besides the braves) and Posada and Matsui are the only true blue ball players on that team. why aren't you talking about A-Rods error, or giambi's sweet throw to the plate?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why aren't you talking about A-Rods error

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not talk about the fact that A-Rod hit 2 fly balls a combined 800 feet in which any other stadiums they would be HR's? Or the fact that his error had no bearing on the outcome of the game? Or the fact that is 1st inning walk and stolen base led to the Yankees first run?
Or do you just hate the Yankees in general and can't stand the fact he's a good player?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why aren't you talking about A-Rods error

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not talk about the fact that A-Rod hit 2 fly balls a combined 800 feet in which any other stadiums they would be HR's? Or the fact that his error had no bearing on the outcome of the game? Or the fact that is 1st inning walk and stolen base led to the Yankees first run?
Or do you just hate the Yankees in general and can't stand the fact he's a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, i"ll admit hes a good player. the fact that he hit to FLY balls 800 feet doesn't mean jack. I've argued with a lot of yankees fan about him and how hes the most athletic player on the team. But they all come up with the same conclusion...he's not clutch
Old 10-01-2005, 04:00 AM

"Clutchness" is vastly overrated when discussing the merits of a player. In fact, "clutchness" is mostly variance, and many Red Sox fans will back me up on that.

Still, Big Papi has been very "clutch" this year, and maybe that should count in MVP Voting.

BTW, A-Rod's a future Hall of Famer.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say I'm born and raised in western NY, and while all my friends love the Yankees, I grew up in Rochester(which use to be the orioles farm team) and have always hated them. I can't say I'm a true Sox fan,(I've only followed them for the past five years) I'm more of a fan of the yankees losing. I mean, I absoultly hate the yanks. I hate their owner, I hate how they try and buy a championship every year(they are the reason there needs to be a salary cap), and i hate their fans excuses for their evil deeds. The yankees are the only team they show on t.v. up here(besides the braves) and Posada and Matsui are the only true blue ball players on that team. why aren't you talking about A-Rods error, or giambi's sweet throw to the plate?

[/ QUOTE ]
its refreshing to know the redsox dont try to buy championships