Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Does SSHE apply to nano-limits?

I'm wondering what thoughts are about how SSHE applies to nano-limit type games (.05/.10 and .10/.20). Since I've read the book and tried to apply it, I've been taking a serious and continuous beating.

I've tightened up considerably, I'm not seeing nearly as many flops, and I'm in a huge dowturn over the past 2k hands.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-09-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Does SSHE apply to nano-limits?

very much so
Old 07-09-2005, 07:55 PM

If anything, it's MORE applicable at the nanos than at Party .50/1. Your downswing is probably a combination of variance and misapplying some concepts. Reply to more hand posts without reading the other responses so that you can see how well you're doing.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:58 PM

After reading SSHE, I think I was just a lucky donkey before. But, my downswing is at the same time, so I've wondered if there is any linkage.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:00 PM

The one thing I really seem to have a problem with is a "maniac" (VP$IP+60, AF 3+ or so). I just immediately start spewing chips it seems like whenever I get near one.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:01 PM

After reading SSHE, a lot of players go on a downswing. This is common. It's usually b/c the concepts of being misapplied. I speak from experience -- the first time I read it I turned into a stone cold maniac post flop. I had to play a lot and reread it a few times before I played smart and sane poker again.

The answer to yr question is yes of course. In fact, the conditions likely apply more since you don't usually see 6-8 to a flop in .5/1 Party games, where in nano games you will.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading SSHE, a lot of players go on a downswing. This is common. It's usually b/c the concepts of being misapplied. I speak from experience -- the first time I read it I turned into a stone cold maniac post flop. I had to play a lot and reread it a few times before I played smart and sane poker again.

The answer to yr question is yes of course. In fact, the conditions likely apply more since you don't usually see 6-8 to a flop in .5/1 Party games, where in nano games you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 PM

I assume your "b/c" means you're asking why you see more to a flop in nano than micro stakes games. I think the answer is fairly obvious: even at micro limits, seeing every flop will cost you 1 SB/hand at least, and at a 1/2 table, you can easily lose hundreds a week doing that, especially if you can't play post flop either. In a .01/.02 game, everyone will see the flop because the most you'll ever lose on a given hand is less than a quarter, not $24. So players truly will play anything and go too far with it. It's almost like play money at that level.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:28 PM

No, actually i meant to find out what b/c means?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:30 PM

At .10/.20, you rarely see every player seeing the flop. However, 50%-60% is not uncommon. I think there's a big difference between .01/.02 and .10/.20---I was just wondering if SSHE applied to this level, or was more applicable to .5/1 or 1/2.