Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Nano-limits rate questions. Please help.

Has anybody mentioned that nanos don't rake the pot? Because that is a HUGE contributor to win rate.

My second point: Forget about "sustainable BB/100s" and just post hands here and learn to play.

My third point: PT is good. Don't worry as much about stats, and worry more about using it to review tricky hands. Then post them here. I think the PT numbers, while very helpful, can be a huge crutch to a lot of players on these forums. Make sure you let your play determine your stats, not your stats determine your play.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Winrates can definitely be bloated at the nano-limits due to the weakness of oponents and the lack of a rack. (As others have mentioned.) I had ~8 BB/100 at both 0.02/0.04 and 0.05/0.10 at Stars, through 10k at each. This could easily go down with a few really poor runs.

Again, as others have mentioned, focus more on learning the right plays. Don't focus so much on winrate. It's important, but not the end all.

By the way, you can earn enough to move up eventually. Just be patient and work on making the right decisions. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:19 PM

So when do I know when to move up? My bankroll is $135 (without the $62.50 bonus I'd like to clear someday).
Old 05-10-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So when do I know when to move up? My bankroll is $135 (without the $62.50 bonus I'd like to clear someday).

[/ QUOTE ]
I went by the 10k or 300BB guideline. As I move up, I may wait longer, but the nanolimits are really just a guideline. I ended up working only 8k at 0.05/0.10 before I took a shot at 0.25/0.50. I'm now firmly staked there.

It really depends on where you started. I hadn't played poker before I started, so I spent a while at 0.02/0.04 just learning the mechanics of the game and re-reading SSH like 184 times. The 10k hands really helped me get a firm foundation.

It's really a matter of comfort. It's better to have enough of a roll and a good enough background so you can handle the new level. What that means is up to the individual.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Numeri, I PMed you with a Paradise specific question. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:27 PM

Try playing for some hours at .25/.50 and you will feel if you beat the game or not (my guess: conscious play and you will crush it). Remember that at .25/.50 it is not yet time to start stealing/bluffing (save that for .50/1) as there is almost always a marginal hand that will follow you to the river.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember that at .25/.50 it is not yet time to start stealing/bluffing (save that for .50/1) as there is almost always a marginal hand that will follow you to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

It's pretty much the same at .5/1. Though you miiiiight start to get away with it at Stars .5/1.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:38 PM

I've been thinking of taking a stab at .25/.50, and set a limit of -50BB before I move back down to rebuild if necessary. It would also help me clear that bonus.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember that at .25/.50 it is not yet time to start stealing/bluffing (save that for .50/1) as there is almost always a marginal hand that will follow you to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

It's pretty much the same at .5/1. Though you miiiiight start to get away with it at Stars .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watch at .5/1 table at Stars. You will see that many pots go uncontested (appx. half). You don't get the pot preflop though, so follow up bets are needed.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't advocate bluffing at paradise .50/1, there usually is still a guy or two at this level on paradise who will call you down with something marginal. I've been playing 1/2 on paradise for a while now and it's still very rarely the case where it seems like a good idea to try and bluff at it. The good thing about paradise in regards to bluffing is the relatively low number of players on the site. You can eventually learn who is bluffable and in which cases bluffing is a lost cause.