Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Party NL 11 - Stop and Go here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB (t1270)
BB (t850)
UTG (t505)
Hero (t3115)
Button (t2260)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1300</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t800.

Flop: (t2900) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2900) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2900

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4c 4h (one pair, fours).
Button has Ad Qs (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Button wins t2900. </font>

The original plan was to get up against the blinds priced in for any all-in. Once Button gets in on the action, I'm not sure what to do. I tried the Stop and Go, but I'm not sure it's the right play.

As an aside, fossilman insisted in a post on the Stop and Go that you should push on the flop no matter what, but isn't it likely that Button has an A here? Is that a reasonable exception to make?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Party NL 11 - Stop and Go here?

i really don't think that that is the best place for a stop and go. i know you have to call a raise, but not a reraise... pretty ugly flop as well. As chip leader, i don't think this is a wise move.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Party NL 11 - Stop and Go here?

Once the button gets in, I would fold to his reraise here. You should decide your action if the button comes over the top as part of your initial plan. With a hand of this strength, if I decide not to fold to his reraise then I just push instead of the raise to 500.