Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Are these games for real?

I have a Mac, so I've been playing at Pokerroom.com for the past year or so. I think that has a reputation as one of the tighter online rooms, but I've done OK. (I just got the Mac equivalent of PokerTracker and don't have many hands in my DB, so I'm not going to post meaningless numbers.)

Anyway, on to the point ...

I just started playing at Pacific Poker, as they have a Java client that we Mac folk can use. I'm routinely seeing 2-4 limit games with 60-70 percent of players seeing the flop. I'm up a few hundred after just a few hours at 2-4, and while I know that's a ridiculous sample size and no, I don't think it means anything, I'm getting not just called down, but raised, by people with bottom pair/no kicker. They then call my reraise. People will raise and reraise, building massive pots, then fold to $4 bet on the river in a $80 pot. It's incredible.

Yes, I'm running well, which explains my recent wins. But I'm just wondering if this kind of play from opponents is the norm for the "looser" online rooms.

Just to note again, I REALIZE MY SAMPLE SIZE IS INSUFFICIENT. I'm not claiming to be a great or even good player. I just can't believe some of these other players are this bad.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Are these games for real?

I havent played at pacific in months since its sooooo slow and you can only play one table but back then that was pretty standard. The players there are worse than small stakes live players. They are worse than neighborhood home game players. Dont expect to see this type of terrible play to that extent anywhere else though.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:25 AM

I don't play there, since it is so annoying with all the BS with the software. I won't be able to play in a mental hospital, so even if the games are good it will not be much +EV in the long run [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 07-27-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play there, since it is so annoying with all the BS with the software. I won't be able to play in a mental hospital, so even if the games are good it will not be much +EV in the long run [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some of the nicer mental hospitals have WiFi now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some of the nicer mental hospitals have WiFi now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if i will be making small dolls with Pacific Poker and throw darts at them, I guess they will block my access to poker sites.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:39 AM

the general consensus is that pacific is so [censored] terrible that the soft games dont quite make it up.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the general consensus is that pacific is so [censored] terrible that the soft games dont quite make it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the graphics, etc., suck. But for a Mac guy with few other options, these games look so soft it's worth it.

Any idea how they are with cashouts?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the graphics, etc., suck. But for a Mac guy with few other options, these games look so soft it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]They are terribly slow. At least they used to take 3-4 days sometimes more. They keep your money in a reverse cashout for like 2+ days in case you change your mind. Very annoying. But like I said that was a while ago.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:13 PM

They're still annoyingly slow - as is the Nob (noble poker)

GRRR - I want my money.

But yeah, pacific games can be really juicy, although you only get 30 hands an hour or something stupid.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out on Sunday night, and it just appeared in my Neteller this morning.