Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 02:12 AM

Default AK too crazy?

Typical weak-tight/loose 0.50/1 table

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Think this is one of my bigger leaks, going too far with AK. Especilly here with 2 clubs on the board, and none in my hand. My gut instinct tells me to raise the flop to get rid of people, hope for a free card, and plus I got the gutshot brewing.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: AK too crazy?

i like it. i would slow down if someone raised but since they're just calling i think it's fine to keep betting. on the flop, the raise is good for the reasons you stated. on the turn, you probably have the best hand and mp2 and bb might be calling with a q or a j. same thing on the river.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 AM

I play this hand the same and I also believe it may be a leak.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:03 AM

I just call the flop.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:35 AM

I really dislike the flop raise. What are you trying to achieve?

Rest is fine and standard.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 AM

I am not sure about the flop raise.
It`s good against passive opposition though.

1) You may be ahead
2) It may get you afree card if you want 1
3) It very likely folds pocket pairs
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM

I play it the same - not really saying whether it's right or not.

I'm raising the flop with the intention of clearing out the riffraff behind me and buying a free card on the turn. I've got a draw worth about 7 outs, and the pot is huge, so I'm definitely staying in. SSHE says that a draw worth seeing the turn for 1 SB is worth seeing the river for 2 SBs. Without a read that I won't get one, I'm going for a free card here without reservation.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:51 PM

I have a lot of trouble with these types of hands too, my thoughts (grunching)

I like the raise on the flop as it protects our hand against paired J's or 2's and with this many callers some straight draws (though probably not chasing any openenders)

The club on the turn is scarey, but the orginal bettor checked, so I would bet as not to give a free card to someone needing a 4th club. Pot is large enough that you probably are not chasing even gutshots out. Since you were not raised on the turn, and what appears to be a harmless card fell on the river I think you are right for betting.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 PM

Without any reads I would play it the same.

Flop: The flop raise couldn't have turned out much better, MP2 bets and the CO folds leaving you an easy decision IMO. Im not folding this hand without some more evidence that Im way behind, calling lets the field call 12 or more small bets for 1 bet, raising faces the field with putting in 2 bets to win 13SB and may get me a free card on the turn. No opponents show any aggression after your raise and you get one other opponent to fold.

Turn: You hit a dirty out on the turn possibly completeing a gutshot or flush for someone else. Everyone checks to you to me seems another easy decision, bet or give a free card. I'm not giving a free card in this position with TPTK. Again no aggression from your opponents after your bet.

River: A Blank falls and your opponents again check to you. You have TPTK with 3 Broadways, 3 to a flush and 3 to a straight showing. I still dont see any reason not to bet this river, your opponents have shown no aggression and you have a strong hand.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:17 PM

What do you think about bet/folding the river?