Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2004, 09:06 PM

Default silly question

i don't remember the last time i was berated by a player for sucking out. not an "omg" or even an innocent "lol." could this mean i'm too tight/weak tight postflop? and no, it's not because i'm that good.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Re: silly question

I'm in the same shoes as you. Of course I think its cause Im the one that has been saying those things. The river has been absolutely horrible for me the last three weeks, and I dont even remember what it is like to hit a draw. Decent night last night so hopefully it is turning. Anyway, solid players are generally ahead going to the river anyway, so suckouts are less common anyway (assuming you are solid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 12-29-2004, 09:22 PM

I'm tight postflop and I turn off the chat.

That way when I DO suckout as we all do (including you) I don't see the comments.

It is just that we suckout LESS. Even today during my continued bad run I beat a guy's flopped flush when the river paired to fill me; 3.6:1 against. I also fluked a rivered queen to beat a PP of aces that he had declined to tell me about during the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I genuinely thought I was best.

Or do you not count that as a suckout [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T
Old 12-29-2004, 09:40 PM

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ad Qh (one pair, queens).
Hero has As Td (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.70 BB. </font>

This was the only time I remember. He was pretty pissed off, even called me a fish. Went on about it for a few minutes.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:44 PM

what's up with that 3bet preflop?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:49 PM

I know, pretty loose, was a while ago though.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:31 AM

maybe you're just unlucky... or maybe I am just a fish, so Empire has been rigging the game in my favor [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You've never had a spot where you autobet the flop after raising PF with only maybe an outside flush, or straight + overcards? then you get CR'ed by 2 pr. or something only to pick up the draw, or hit pair or something on turn so you have to call the bet. then when you hit and raise him on the river he'll really let you have it. or you get the guys who always go for the CR with a set, or anything good on the turn after you've raised and then bet the flop. Then if you pick up a gutshot, or anything you can just take a free card, and at least when i hit in spots like that it seems like the person who whiffed on the CR has to take it out on me... or if i'm vs a LAG, and i'm planning to call down with A high, but i hit a pair on river and it turns out they had me beat until then, that'll get comments sometimes.

I mean these spots aren't common, but if you're planning few thousand hands a day they certainly come up from time to time... i mean backdoor draws come in around 4-5%, don't they. If its a bluff-friendly board and i only have 1-2 opponents i'll be betting with draws like this, and so i mean they should be hittig sometimes, right?
Old 12-30-2004, 06:16 AM

Maybe you play at the wrong tables. At least at the low limits the 40% VP$IP table-coaches seem to complain the most and they are usally nice opponents (= worse than me) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I beat a guy's flopped flush when the river paired to fill me; 3.6:1 against. I also fluked a rivered queen to beat a PP of aces that he had declined to tell me about during the hand. I genuinely thought I was best.

[/ QUOTE ]

It cannot EVER be a suckout when you have odds to call. As for the pocket QQ, you sucked out but he gave you no reason to stop so he slow played himself right out of the hand, the so-called "slow play to nowhere".
Old 12-31-2004, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It cannot EVER be a suckout when you have odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not need to be a true "suckout" for an upset loser/table coach to whine about it, and call it a horrible suckout.