Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Help me Make a Read (Live 5/10 Hand)

500 max buyin. Great game. Loose, mildly aggressive but with four or five guys who love to call a lot. So I'm playing pretty tight, have won some pots with good hands and am getting respect.

Villain is an older gentleman who must be a regular and who knows what he's doing. He knows the dealers and plays well postflop, at least for this game. He hasn't been involved in a big pot in the hour he's been there. He starts the hand w/ ~ 450. I have ~1400.

Limpfest to me in the BB. I check with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Six way flop, $60 in the pot.

Flop 522 rainbow. I bet $50. There's no way I bet this into six people without at least a 5 because I'll get called. Villain knows this.

Donkey to my left calls, Villain makes it $200. Donkey insta-prepares-to-fold. Folded to me.

I'm pretty sure the old guy isn't overplaying a 5. He either thinks he has me beat or he's making a play. He was the third or fourth limper but a big pair isn't entirely out of the question b/c he seems like that tricky kind of old guy. My first thought is JJ-66, A2. He looks real comfortable.