Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 06:50 PM

Default comment on hand

Just sat down a few hands ago and villian hasn't played a hand since(again, only a few hands). My raise on the flop is to kind of find out where I sit. His call, then re-raise pre-flop makes me think he might of had the set of Aces or my kicker just plain sucked. I also think I maybe even should have just folded pre-flop to the call/re-raiser. That's my personal take away.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) converter

CO ($9.60)
Button ($11.60)
Hero ($10.15)
BB ($13.40)
UTG ($10.90)
MP1 ($11.15)
MP2 ($1.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $0.5</font>, MP2 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $1</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.60
Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: comment on hand

I'd have called. His weak preflop and raise werent really indications of anything except testing you. You had a decent hand. He probably had the A also but you might easily have had him kickered since he wasnt playing like he had cards.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: comment on hand

hmm--
i fold this from sb to a raise like this. the problem is this: you msy be dominated. and your fears came true on the flop. with the ace there you now have no idea where you stand and stand a good chance at losing some chips if yer not careful. so that is an arguement for folding.

the re-rz is def. interesting. after calling (as you did) i would not fold here for .20 more--theres a decent amt in pot.

i prolly lead out on the flop here instead of chk raising. the way they respond to your bet will tell you some info. BUT-- if you are gonna chk raise, i would do it with some more zing! id at least chk rz the pot. for one more dollar, they are getting odds to call with lotsa hands...so again you gain no info even with this amt of chk. rz.

our problem is that we have no info on players; we have no info in this hand as to where we stand; and we are outta position the whole time. sure that cae is ouit there staring at us saying "im yours and only yours!"--

but we dont know know enough. i would play this lots more cautiously pre flop-- i.e. fold

if i slipped and played it this way i would chk rz more--

hope this helps.
anyone agree/ disagree with me here--

sly