Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Default What am I worth to them?

First let me say that this is not in any way leading up to some anti-capitalist screed (I am not concerned about what is on my neighbor's plate, I am only wondering about benefits I may be leaving on the table). I am anti-capitalist, but I don't let that interfere with my making money.

Pay attention in the posts, to the chatter online, and you figure out quickly enough that we are not all equal in the eyes of the management. Transfer limits, maximum number of tables allowed - all may be adjusted for individual players.

Further, as is right in a for-profit enterprise, they reward those who reward them. It makes perfect sense to give more comps to the player who pays more rake.

That said - am I missing out on anything?

By my roughest of math (not using PT for most of my "career") I've paid several thousand in rake to my main site over the past year. Probably not more than $5-6k but certainly more than I've ever had at one time on my own... Have I paid enough that I can/should be asking for more priveledges? Am I still too small to be worrying about this?

This isn't to say I haven't noticed some benefits slowly accruing... I don't always have the cleanest chat, yet I've never been censored. I am not sure if this is because I never actually insult anyone, and so have not been reported, or if it is because the times I have been reported they just ignored it to keep me happy. Mostly though, my comfort on the site arrises from my long experience there. When I leave a table people with short stacks talk about me in hushed tones. While that is nice, so would an invite here and there, maybe a rakeback or bonus once in a while...

Do we need ask for this stuff or do they automatically make a gesture when you cross their radar?

And which is more important? your table size that day or your history and potential future with them? Do they operate on a "what have you done for me lately" policy? Or do they take into account your future potential for them?
Old 02-15-2005, 02:50 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: What am I worth to them?

what sites and what benefits do you want? if you are talking party/skins to get increased transfer limits, send an email to them asking to become a preferred memeber, all you have to do is fax some info. for this status.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 PM

It isn't necessarily a specific benefit I am looking for. I am more wondering about "push comes to shove" scenarios or.... I don't know.

I guess I am first wondering, is there anything I could be taking advantage of and am not, because I have not asked for it.

As well, as poker is still a 'hobby' for me, I pay myself a lot more than a pro would. I deplete my bank constantly and stay in the limits I know I can profit in. Do I need to reconsider that? Should I try to build my bank and move up to where the site will notice me and? what?

Another way to phrase it, is, I guess... whats it like at the top? Is the view that much better or is it mostly more of the same?

I've already got a Preferred Account at my site, I can transfer money and such... Is there more?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:14 PM

Christ you're a weirdo.

What do you expect, 12 virgins knocking on your door each month?

Get a rakeback deal. You're worth somewhere between 20%-28% to them.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the mysterious 12VIRGINS bonus code that has been rumored before? I tried it once. Nothing happened.

/sarcasm
Old 02-15-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a start but I personally still like my rakeback.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that like 50,000,000 VIP points?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I like to keep them each for 3 days so 10 virgins knocking on my door each month would be sufficient. Of course, some overlap would be OK so just leave it at 12.