Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Default how is the rake you generate (or MGR) calculated?

I am pretty sure from my reading here that there are 2 different ways poker sites can do this...

1 way IS called "contributed" rakeback, right? And It's the kind where you ONLY generate MGR on the hands where you "contribute" some chips to the pot, correct?
(and then you
only get credit for the %age you contributed, correct?

What is the other kind called? Where everyone who is dealt cards divides up the rake share during that hand? This type is better, giving you more MGR, right? (assuming you are a typical tight player...)

Also I'd like to know which/what sites calculate rake which way...
EuroBet?
InterPoker?
Absolute?

This info. is important to know (just as important if not more than the RB %age the affiliates all advertise!) and I'm sure a lot of other folks besides me would like to know this info. ...

Thanks,
Old 11-29-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: how is the rake you generate (or MGR) calculated?

I'd like to know how Absolute calculate. I've tried unsuccesfully to get Fred at AP to explain how he works it out.

Maybe one of the affiliates can tell us?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure from my reading here that there are 2 different ways poker sites can do this...

1 way IS called "contributed" rakeback, right? And It's the kind where you ONLY generate MGR on the hands where you "contribute" some chips to the pot, correct?
(and then you
only get credit for the %age you contributed, correct?

What is the other kind called? Where everyone who is dealt cards divides up the rake share during that hand? This type is better, giving you more MGR, right? (assuming you are a typical tight player...)

Also I'd like to know which/what sites calculate rake which way...
EuroBet?
InterPoker?
Absolute?

This info. is important to know (just as important if not more than the RB %age the affiliates all advertise!) and I'm sure a lot of other folks besides me would like to know this info. ...

Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ] You don't have to contribute to pot at the three sites you mentioned, just be dealt cards. Say total rake for a hand is $1.00. ten player table and all were dealt cards. Every player would get credit for $.10 of the rake. $1.00 divided by 10 players = $.10. This would be your MGR. Does'nt matter if you fold, you still get credit for total rake paid per hand wether you contribute or not.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 AM

Absolute is involved/dealt cards rake, but they do not currently pay on tourney entry fees. They do not deduct the cost of the multiple bonuses they have when they calculate rake.

typically contributed rake is 1/3 to 3/5 as much as involved rake for a tight player.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to contribute to pot at the three sites you mentioned, just be dealt cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that Eurobet in new network (PokerRoom) still calculates rake this way?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:12 PM

Sorry, forgot that Eurobet just changed to the Pokerroom network. I believe it will be contributed now, but i'm not positive. Need to email them and ask.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:42 PM

It appears eurobet doesn't calculate tourney fees as momey that is counted as rakeback. Can anyone verify this?