Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Question for any rugby players

So I played rugby freshman year, took off last year (took off first semester to focus on grades, second semester because i broke my hand) and now I'm getting back into it. I was always a lock but now we kind of have a shortage so they have me in as a prop now. The problem is my neck is always killing me. Does anyone know any good excersises or stretches to try to prevent this?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Question for any rugby players

you should start doing a wrestlers bridge. what you want to do is this:

lie on your back, put your hands near your ears and plant themon the ground, so your palms should be on the floor.

NOw just lift yourself up and use your forehead to balance yourself. Keep your hands on the ground and make sure that you extend with your feet, and you should be pushing with the balls of your feet.

Hold this position for as long as possible and also start pushing your head foreward so that you try to get your nose touching the ground. ONce your neck gets strong enough, and when it gets flexible enough to get your nose fully touching the ground, release your hands from the ground and cross them on your chest

this excercise will do several things. it will work on your abs since they will naturally contract as you are doing it, your neck will also get stronger and your spine will get stronger along with getting more flexible
Old 09-14-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Question for any rugby players

WTF? Why did this get moved? It's a question about neck exercises.