Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Call? Raise? Turn? interesting on all streets.

MP2 = 25/3.3 over 30 hands
Rest of the table seems pretty average 2/4 players.
No good reads really.

I thought the action was interesting on all streets so ill post the turn after i get some unbiased flop comments

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero....?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Call? Raise? Turn? interesting on all streets.

This is a pretty interesting situation with that many players in and a rag flop. I am giving full 3 outs for the aces, 2 for the threes, and 1.5 for the backdoor flush. With what the pot is laying here I'm at least calling but I think I'd probably be raising. I'm remembering the intro to post-flop play in sshe.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:08 PM

I raise to get it HU with position.

RH
Old 08-07-2005, 08:11 PM

Yeah i thought it was a very clear raise on the flop...
[bump]
Old 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM

And this is how the action played out...

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero..?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:43 PM

i'd fold here. no help on the turn and he probably has A6s, 76s or even worse low-mid PP which could mean a boat which leaves you drawing dead. i doubt he'd bet into you with anything worse than A3 on the turn after being raised on the flop.

agree?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:56 PM

I agree with raising here, this helps define others hands behind you and will probably get it heads up, which is what I would like with these marginal holdings.

Am I the only one that would fold this preflop? I understand there are a lot of people and good odds, but even so, this isnt the flop you are looking for. Maybe a 2 pair or pair and flush draw is what im looking for. The way I was taught limit was to avoid cold calling as much as possible, always be raising. I have been folding my Axs if im not opening the action from LP or calling 1 bet from the blinds with plenty of friends tagging along.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:00 PM

there is no way i fold here preflop. There has been 3 limpers in front of you and you have good position. I think that folding this hand ( and similar hands like this) in lp with three limpers is a definte mistake.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:01 PM

No way, i play my Axs from LP with this many limpers all the time. I would'nt cc a raise PF, but i just limped in. And even if the flop comes total crap (which this one isnt) the times you hit vs this many limpers will cover the times you miss.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that would fold this preflop? I understand there are a lot of people and good odds, but even so, this isnt the flop you are looking for. Maybe a 2 pair or pair and flush draw is what im looking for. The way I was taught limit was to avoid cold calling as much as possible, always be raising. I have been folding my Axs if im not opening the action from LP or calling 1 bet from the blinds with plenty of friends tagging along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold Em is not a raise or fold game.