Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Default action junkie LO8 hand,cap it, cap it, cap it

party 15

I'm BB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

5 players, raised pot, BTW

SB checks, I bet, MP calls, MP2 raises, button folds (PF raiser) SB calls, I call MP calls.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, MP calls, MP2 raises, SB now wakes up and three bets it, I cap, MP folds, MP2 calls

Anybody here slow down with that kind of hand in a multiway pot? I hate betting the come most of the time, but with 18 outs to a probable scooper and about ten or more to chop, I just couldnt hepl myself feeling like I had a ton of equity.

Thoughts?>??

Tex
Old 12-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: action junkie LO8 hand,cap it, cap it, cap it

i just call instead of capping, it probably will be capped anyway, but you don't wanna lose anyone, do you (maybe you could have kept MP with just a call)? I mean either you hit, and then you get paid or you miss and you fold quick as hell. To choose between push or pull on the turn, I say it's a pull here.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:36 PM

I think just calling may get the guy simply calling along behind you to come in, and I'd be surprised if MP2 didn't cap it. Capping it yourself will probably force out MP whereas just calling may keep him in the pot.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 PM

really just cap the flop, especially when you suspect idiots calling off with A2K or something hoping to improve. the turn is SB trying to promote like every time, and you should react w/ a cap for similar reasons.

3-bet preflop is probably better too.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:00 AM

Check/call flop, the turn bet is fine but dont cap it. You have draws to the nuts and dont need to over-protect your hand here.

Dont pair the board. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 12:07 PM

In one way its cheaper in case you miss, but betting on the come is a great way to keep your opponents guessing. I would probably raise/call about 60/40 in this spot.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:24 PM

I like capping it on the turn because a lot of times people will misread what you have, so if you do hit on the river, you can collect another healthy round of bets. About half the time I would bet the flop and another half I would check/call. In both instances, I would wait until fourth street for a reraise. Overall, I think the hand was played well.

Sometimes you hit these huge nut-nut draw hands and sometimes you don't, but you definitely have the equity to pump it on the come both ways with this many players in the pot.