Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Default JJ in MP - PP 15/30

Party 15/30 - FULL TABLE

The UTG player is an unbelievable fish, and nobody has left the table since he has been there. He's the kind of guy that keeps people around. He folded this hand pre-flop, but his presence has definitely had an effect on people's play. He is in 87% of the hands, and all I can say is that i have seen some strange showdowns as a result of him being at the table.

I realize that I normally shouldn't be describing a player who is not in the hand, but I really think it makes a difference.

3 folds, and I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP. Both blinds call.

Not too many hands on either blind, but in general, SB is pretty loose, and BB seems very tight.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB raises, and I have to pause for a minute. I finally cold call. SB calls.

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

SB checks, BB bets, and I raise.

Please let me know your thoughts at this point. I have had two really tough decisions (in my mind), and I'm not sure I played either one correctly.

I'll finish the hand after some responses.

- Sully -
Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: JJ in MP - PP 15/30

3betting the flop makes this hand easier to play. There are 15 cards you don't want to see on the turn, A,K,Q,9, plus all the cards that are harder to see (str8 draws mean 8,7,6 could all be bad). So lets get the SB out of this one by 3betting the flop. I think I bet the turn after 3betting the flop, but I really think you gotta 3bet that flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:21 PM

Yeah, the flop 3-bet is the way to go.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:24 AM

The problem with this is that SB isn't going anywhere if he's got a flush draw or a Ten, and BB isn't going anywhere either (possible exception if he has a 9 he'd probaly fold to a cap to him.). Not easy.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:56 PM

3-bet the flop. if it gets capped your probably beat by something like a10.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:32 PM

What I'd do:

3-bet flop to get sb out. If BB has T he's gonna check-raise turn some of the time depending on the player.

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a good card--he probably won't check-raise now unless he holds AT or 99/9T. Good opportunity to bet and represent a bigger hand; you've shown nothing but strength thus far. You've enough outs to call a check-raise even though you may be drawing dead. You can still make a flush or J's full.

Assuming check-raise on turn and no improvement on river I'd most likely not pay off the river bet.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:40 PM

As flop was played--I'd raise the turn and take the free showdown assuming no reraise. If reraised I'd still call and call on river if I hit as little as the flush--he might not have filled; hard to say.