Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 06:14 AM

Default pokerconduct.com member post

I started playing on-line poker back in 2003 at a sight claiming to be the first or oldest on-line room. I had played poker on and off for many years. I have read and studied books by first-class authors and clearly understand the importance of being a solid player and playing my best all of the time. When I started playing on-line in 2003 the sites I played at were on the up-and-up. I usually played several hours a day and it provided a steady income. However, in late 2004, it was as if someone flipped a switch and changed the game. It must have been around that time when software technology allowed the sites to begin preserving the bankrolls of lesser skilled players at the expense of accomplished players. Don't forget, volumes of players and rakes are how the sites make their money. Certainly folks have noticed that none of the poker rooms come out and say "our cards are totally random (or pseudo random)." Rather, they brag about the sophistication of their RNGs and make statements relating to no statistical bias regarding the cards dealt to their players. Think about it, if the weaker hands are allowed to win more than normal, as long as it applies to all, there is no statistical bias. Everyone's cards are being manipulated the same! This negatively affects skilled players a disproportionate amount of time as they will most often be going in with the best hand. I'm very much aware of poker great Bobby Baldwin stating that draw outs are a mirage, and I agree with his logic. However, what is happening on-line goes far beyond what Baldwin refers to. I have seen a fairly long term steady income vanish overnight. It is nothing short of the proliferation of software that enables sites to manipulate cards while still being able to make sidestepping statements regarding statistical bias. When we have an on-line site that offers a true poker game and is willing to state so in no uncertain terms, that site will have more players than it can host. Yes, they will be mostly skilled players and the competition will be tough. However, most folks would much rather get out-played by a real poker player than to have the rug pulled out from under them by software engineers catering to greed. The software has effectively made players once considered "suckers" the wise ones for playing in games that are enhanced for their preservation. And for the skilled players, I expect a large portion have already abandoned on-line poker. In the end greed will lose and someone will have the guts to bring back the real on-line poker sites of yesteryear. And yes, my post will be refuted by those whose income depends on the continued shearing of the unsuspecting.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Re: pokerconduct.com member post

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it, if the weaker hands are allowed to win more than normal, as long as it applies to all, there is no statistical bias.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble is, there will be. You can check your statistics for each hand(AA, KK, J4o, etc), and do SQL queries to find out how often sets hold up, how often flushes hit, etc.

I have done exactly this with a 60K hand database. AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AQs, JJ, AKo, are my 7 biggest winners, and all win with the expected percentage. Flopped sets hold up 90% of the time. Flush draws that go to the river hit with the expected frequency. The numbers don't lie.

I'm currently writing a post about this issue, the never ending conspiracy theories are getting old.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:50 AM

Please post your statistics which prove that it is "rigged."

Seriously, if you can PROVE with STATISTICS that aces win only 50% of the time for goot players, do it. In fact, you can prolly get us each to pay you $10 for doing so.

Based on the couple hundred thousand hands I have on file, I'm certain if you can point me in the right direction, I can confirm the data myself.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:50 AM

I will make you a deal, Ill give you my username & password for any online account I have & if you can win consistently over a period of time , I double you winnings. Its not possible unless your affiliated with the site. I have the same studies & those hands you mention are definately set up hands on my account. Ill go as far to say that anyone that says they win online or play online for a living is a lyar or they are affiliated with the site in such a manner their cards are dealt to them with an advantage. Pokerconduct.com is trying to expose these sites, eventually it will come out. Please quit trying to defend as your efforts will be overrun soon.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:52 AM

I'd be willing to take you up on that offer. And I think several others will too.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:55 AM

JB, I play poker professionaly, it is my only source of income, but i can only win in live play. I consider myself to be in the top 1% of NL players, I am very aware of all angles of the game. I almost certain that a solid player can beat players coming in under the gun with 4 gap offsuit connectors & calling raises when it comes back around. I used to play 3 to 4 tables at a time. Ive played millions of hands at almost every site & its absolutely not possible to win.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 AM

you're just a spammer.

everyone, please visit POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM

There, did your dirty work for you.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:58 AM

Yes i am a member there, I got tired of watching all my friends lose their life savings online to crooked bastards & ill spend my life exposing it if i have to. Which site do you work for, I know all your tricks
Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 AM

everyone, please visit POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
POKERCONDUCT.COM
Old 09-06-2005, 07:16 AM

You suck, your website sucks and spam in general sucks.

Goodday sir.