Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can you give us an example of a flop where you would check behind, or sometimes check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

KKx, QQx, KQx, TJJ, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be more inclined to bet these, especially the first two.

[ QUOTE ]

Normally I'm making a continuation bet. As would most players in a shorthanded small stakes game. If you don't understand this concept I suggest you read any one of the myriad poker books & articles that are available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you've figured out how to continuation bet, welcome to the ranks of the novice poker player.

So far in this thread you've: misread the action, given out sketchy advice, and shown no indication of being able to think beyond the most rudimentary, beginner-level, fortune-cookie rules of thumb (Charge the draws! Define your hand!) So I find your attempt to condescend bizarre. Nice use of "myriad" though, Gandalf.

[ QUOTE ]
With this board if someone hit the flush or staright and is looking to c/r I want to know it with one sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How often do you think a c/r here is a made flush or straight? How often do you think you're currently ahead? How often do you think you'll be ahead by the river? How often are you drawing live? Dead? How often is a bet going to fold a hand that you would like to fold?

I don't think the answers to these questions are obvious, but I'm pretty sure they are the right questions to ask in this situation. Unlike you, I think this situation is fairly complex and interesting, but I'm not a continuation bet expert like yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but I don't give free cards to 3 other players on the flop with a board like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you would be more inclined to check behind if this was heads up? Are you sure you aren't just trolling me now?

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post anywhere that I would be more inclined to check HU.

Ah, you found me out. I'm just a novice player and you are the expert. Just keep playing that weak/tight game. I'm sure you've done well so far. Anytime you feel like posting your last 100,000 PT 2/4 stats feel free.