Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: My day with Arnold (long, pictures)

Do you seriously bench 400? If so, congrats man. I've seen (I recollect) 3 guys being able to bench 500 at my gym and I've been going there 5 years now.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Govenator know your online name is Jihad...I don't know how well that would blow over...

[/ QUOTE ]

He knows. So does Uncle Sam.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I'm part Austrian and a big AS fan. It makes me want to move to Cali.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasnt there a (weak) movement to revoke arnold's austrian citizenship because of his stance on the death pentalty? isnt the general consesus that austria is ashamed of him?

bwana
Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please go to the Political forum with that nonsense. It amazes me that there are people out there that fail to comprehend the magnitude of the mans genious and the wonderful things he has done for so many people world wide. Including signing off on Tookie.

[/ QUOTE ]

surprisingly, you make a post about a politician in OOT and if people dont praise your republican you scream foul. you may have posted this in the wrong forum unless you just wanted this to turn into some circle jerk on what a great governor arnold supposedly is.

bwana
Old 12-29-2005, 02:54 AM

Wow after looking at the pics again, your mom looks exactly like my middle school math teacher.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I'm part Austrian and a big AS fan. It makes me want to move to Cali.

[/ QUOTE ]

wasnt there a (weak) movement to revoke arnold's austrian citizenship because of his stance on the death pentalty? isnt the general consesus that austria is ashamed of him?

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]
That's somewhat true I guess. Basically, when all the publicity about The Tookie Monster got around, the city back there that adopted him threatened to remove his name from a stadium built in his honor. Arnold had his team of lawyers fly to Austria last month and forced the town to remove his name and likeness from all things they had of him in the city (and that was quite a few things). The city offered to revoke their threat of taking his name off the building, Arnold refused and his name is now no longer associated with the city in any way.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"wow, you're looking very pumped up!"

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty cool he said this, but I get annoyed when he says this. Unless I'm wrong, this isn't actually an Arnold line. Isn't it from Hanz and Franz on SNL doing a parody of him? He's always got big lines in movies "hasta la vista baby" "you're one ugly motherf%$#@&" etc. He says these lines often as well, but I don't think pump (you) up is actually his line.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:50 AM

I don't believe it was supposed to be a quote, just a comment. Later on in the day he asked my dad how much I benched and weighed, he actually got both w/n 5 pounds each. He also commented about my shoulders which are way bigger than the rest of my body should allow. Those two comments led me to believe that it was just him still being naturally interested in bodybuilding and lifting. Sorry if that was confusing.

He does play the crowd on occassion. My dad has told me several times where he cut up a very serious meeting/situation with some random appropriate movie quote of his. In fact I forgot how, but Dad has heard him rip the whole Conan quote off.

-Jihad
Old 12-29-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Arnie is great.

I used to do lotsa weights, and the books he did were good, solid advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnie is cool his books are [censored] awful. Some of the worst advice around really.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Arnie is great.

I used to do lotsa weights, and the books he did were good, solid advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnie is cool his books are [censored] awful. Some of the worst advice around really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please understand when The Bible was written. It was pretty cutting edge advice in the time frame. It has provided many, MANY, professional bodybuilders with a basic frame of referrence and starting point of their knowledge of working out. Either way, I got my copy signed so its awesome. I'm awesome.