Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Just fold to the turn donk...?

Just sat down maybe 15 hands ago. This is maybe the second hand I've played. Watched table for maybe 5 minutes before.

SB in this hand seems to play a lot of hands maybe 40-50% nothing very interesting postflop so far. Showed down one or two decent hands. Was a loosish full table but has just dropped to 6 handed and strated to tighten up.

20/40 6 handed

Preflop:
folded to me in CO with A3o I raise, Button folds, SB calls 2, BB folds

Flop: Jh 5h 7c

SB checks, I bet, SB calls

Turn: 9s

SB bets, I...

Whats your plan here and why...

What does the donk mean to you here?

In what situations will you call...only if you have history?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Just fold to the turn donk...?

Fold preflop. I don't raise usually from the CO under A7o. Having loose players makes that raise even worse.

Yeah, I think this is an easy turn fold. I guess he could be playing crap or a draw, but you just can't know. If he does have a draw, he has a ton of outs. Often you are behind, and have 3 outs or possibly none.

[ QUOTE ]
In what situations will you call...only if you have history?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rarely ever. If this guy has a huge history of donking the turn with nothing, or is even beyond even your typical AGRO Maniac. Maybe if villain was AgroHUSHPoster, I would consider continuing, but I am not sure. He has shown some passivity lately.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM

Rarely call, sometimes raise, with such a weak ace folding is usually correct. These spots really depend on what you know about your opponent, will he lay down bottom pair here? Will he bet a flush draw or an inside draw? Absent a read you can default to folding here.

-Brad
Old 12-05-2005, 06:08 PM

I called but was sure it was wrong as soon as I did it.

I think I ws thinking well if I just fold everytime he donks this guy will own me. I dont think this is true though as the style we play tends to setup a very aggro dominant image and this prob ought to let us take it more seriously when people do donk us. Obviously if he keeps doing I can let him know to back off in a later hand.