Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 07:41 PM

Default HU IP TPMK coordinated board

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???

The preflop raise looks weird but I was effectively in MP1 and the table was tight. I wasn't going to open limp this but I could go for a fold.

I'm not sure if this is WA/WB as villain could be on a draw with plenty of outs. Do you like the flop raise? And should I check behind on the turn and call the river/bet if checked to?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: HU IP TPMK coordinated board

I think you could be WA/WB (more likely WB?). If SB is tight, what is he cold-calling with that he'll 3-bet this flop? 66 or 77? I would guess that if he's drawing, he'd call your raise, not re-raise. He's betting into your pre-flop raise, so overpairs don't scare him, if he's putting you on a hand.

I'd check this turn, and probably check-call the river UI.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM

huh....I think I'm checking the turn through and calling a bet on the river. There's a number of hands you could be ahead of here, but it's too hard to tell. My first reaction was 66,QT or JT, but he could just be donking with a flush draw. I could see betting the turn. I think our hand has enough showdown value to invest one more BB, but it would suck balls to get c/r if we bet.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huh....I think I'm checking the turn through and calling a bet on the river. There's a number of hands you could be ahead of here, but it's too hard to tell. My first reaction was 66,QT or JT, but he could just be donking with a flush draw. I could see betting the turn. I think our hand has enough showdown value to invest one more BB, but it would suck balls to get c/r if we bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. this check seems leading to me.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 PM

He flopped the straight and did indeed check raise me on 4th street. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]