Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 AM

Default 3/6 - Best river line when you hit the fifth nuts?

For simplicity's sake I'm assuing he doesn't have the nuts (straight flush) but I guess he could.

Villain is noted as peeling a lot of flops and relatively straightforward, on the looser side though.

Does anyone have a different flop and turn line? I was confused as to what to do and I didn't think I could blow off a stronger ace on the turn, so I just check-called down hoping to hit a jack, an ace, or a club.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Check/Call, Bet/Call, Bet/Fold?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: 3/6 - Best river line when you hit the fifth nuts?

If not for the pf cap I think a bet/call is the clear line. The cap makes it closer, but I still think bet/call might be correct. He'll call with overpairs that he otherwise might have checked behind. I don't think bet/fold is much an option against any but the most predictable opponents.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:18 AM

I bet/call the river. He will check behind with a lot of his non club hands but will call a bet with him. If he raises that sucks but I think a frustrated player can bluff raise enough to call.

I probably play it the same up to the river. When I flop decent draws like this I like to see them cheaply -- if we C/R the flop and lead turn I doubt we push him off a better hand like AQ/AK w/ no clubs.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 AM

I think he's about a coinflip to have a club, and if he does, it's likely bigger than yours. So will he call with any non-club hands? Yeah, the sets and the overpairs probably he will.

I think checking and calling sucks because he can check behind his non-club hands , alot of which he would look you up with if you bet. If you check, it will be frequent that you will miss a bet by letting him check behind a hand he would call with.

Bet-folding sucks because I'd estimate he'll be raising medium clubs like the 8 or 9, or be FOS often enough that you want to call for 10.5:1 even after the raise. So I think you want to bet-call here.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:39 AM

Bet-calling seems like the obvious play here.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:48 AM

Default results wooyay

I betcalled. He had TT.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:52 AM

This is such a bet/call.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 AM

Anyone else raise the flop? I'd really like to know if my aces and jacks are clean, and how frightened he is of that monotone flop.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Anyone else raise the flop? I'd really like to know if my aces and jacks are clean, and how frightened he is of that monotone flop.
I'd like to know too, but I like not putting in money with the worst of it even more. Villain usually has a better hand and we have no fold equity here. Worse, th
Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 AM

Many people cap a variety of things preflop. You shouldnt automatically assume your ace outs are no good. Ace outs + flush draw = call.